Your Favourite Theme Park Soundtrack.

EC!

I was just wondering what all your favourite theme park soundtracks/Theme Music is? Like for example I love this roller coaster soundtrack on Euro Mir:

and I love Samurai's soundtrack too!

So what are your favourite theme park soundtracks, they can be a general theme park track like the one they play at towers street or one off a flat or coaster, you could even say which one you hate!

I just want to know because I feel a soundtrack really sets the mood and atmosphere for the ride!

Hands down and by a mile....

HEX!

Hex is definately my favourite themepark soundtrack, because of the dramatic and immersive feel of the music, how it starts off with a build up in strings and voices whispering and then the main theme entering, which gradually increases in dynamics and intensity and builds up to a climax point and once it reaches full volume, it suddenly dies down with a sudden but dramatic ending.

I remember hearing this piece for the first time I went on a Hex, was mad about it for weeks and kept playing it all the time after visiting. It sounds a lot like something from film/television, which is one of the reasons that makes it such a brilliant soundtrack.

Honourable mentions,

1/ Colossus theme, the recurring main theme, complex use of different rhythms and influence of urban and eastern music mixed together make for a very interesting soundtrack that also relates to the surrounding theme of a lost city.

2/ Nemesis theme, the sinister melody along with its spiky string and distorted guitar accompaniments definitely work to help to create the tense mood for the ride.

3/ Mystery Of a Hocus Pocus Hall

I have to confess, I haven't actually been to the park when this was used, but from the soundtrack available online, it sounds fantastic. Definitely a magical , immersive and atmospheric piece of music that reflects the mysterious story line of the attraction's Halloween form very well and definitely sounds very Danny Elfman like in style, almost as if it came from a Tim a Burton film.

Splash Mountain's is good but its origins are a tad tarred.

Most Disney films of that era have some form of un-PC thing, like the Crows from Dumbo, King Louie from Jungle Book and the Indians from Peter Pan...

It's what was acceptable at the time, and whilst times have changed, it's a shame Disney buried Song of the South the way they have, because it would be an interesting film to watch and comment upon...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...