Your Favourite Theme Park Soundtrack.

EC!

• 1 year later...

Resurrection time...

I love Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall because of the memory of walking towards the Explorer Gate just before it was fully dark, with the green lights.

I love Vampire's because everything about Vampire is perfection,

I also love Wild Asia's, Laser Raider's, Tomb Blaster's and X's 2015.

However, my favourite, by far is Towers Street 2015.

Anything and everything IMAscore is always amazing!

The Smiler - Amazing in it's own twisted way!

Ghost Train - Amazing as it fits the theme perfectly!

Helix - Amazing is an understatement!

Galactica - Amazing and so beautiful!

Krake - Amazing as it builds up the tension excellently!

I could just keep going on and on...

Absolutely hands down Colossus. It's just so distinctive and even though it's about ten minutes long it never repeats itself too much. And while technically not a theme park soundtrack, I love the music that plays in the Jurassic Park section of IOA, it sets the tone for the area and ride so well and just feels magical

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

The Smiler's bores the poo out of me - being in a 3 hour queue with that in the background is the worst.

Well it's understandable to detest it in a 3 hour queue, but the 45 minute outdoor loop if heard once is an excellent soundtrack and is perfect for the rides theme.

As for you point about Inferno, it is hands down the best soundtrack at Thorpe Park (excluding the Rumba Rapids obviously ;)).

In relation to Bens post, I like the Colossus soundtrack. I don't like that it plays at every ride in the Lost City area. It was even playing at Slammer last week, and that's in Old Town! It could be a little longer also.

2 minutes ago, ben199 said:

When did the Colossus music take over the rest of the area? As much as I like it I wouldn't want it playing round half the park! Does Quantum still have its very grand soundtrack?

As far as I'm aware, the Lost City music changed only last month or so. Quantum still has its music, as does Vortex, Rush and Zodiac. :)

On Thursday, June 09, 2016 at 7:40 PM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I quite like the piece. Magical! Only thing I dislike is the constant music changing.

I dont really like the sudden pauses, or typical epic theme, or the fact that it sounds like a halloween theme. To be fair though I might like it a bit better if it didnt replace one of the best pieces of music on park.

I absolutely love what IMAscore did for Toverland with De Magische Vallei. Never been to Toverland, but those who have would definitely agree that this area, along with D'wervelwind and Djengu River, really are brought to life with their soundtrack - D'wervelwind for the sounds of the wind around you and Djengu for it's immense power...and for the record, D'wervelwind's onboard audio is the reason I think more innovative coasters need onboard audio. But all in all it really is a perfect example of just what music can do to a themed land. :wub:

Have been thinking about this one and have managed to narrow it down to two (I'm indecisive k).

Firstly, the Smiler's theme will always hold a special place in my heart as I love the theme of the ride so much and feel like it fits so well.  :wub:

The second one (if anyone's noticed it this season) is the music that's been playing on Spinball Whizzer this year, it's so happy and maybe it's a hangover from my gaming days but it's so retro and just kinda awesome :D

• 4 months later...