Park Map

jh_08

Mixed thoughts, I think generally it looks a lot nicer (especially the removal of the big head people).

Though I think the map could be a little bit more detailed and that space is wasted with the roller-coaster designs. Somehow they have made the park look even smaller than it is.

So my view is definitely an improvement, but still a bit flawed if it is to be used as an actual "map".

Blimey! Usually I don't care about the accuracy of maps but this new design looks thoughtless.

Rides are in the wrong place, everything other than the rollercoasters are tiny or covered up, and some rides are missing entirely. Everything is pushed into the centre with a blue void taking up 50% of the space.

Those graphics and fonts are generic to the extreme. Merlin have always been experts at brand identity, but this year Thorpe Park has seemingly no grip on what it wants to be.

Pretty strange!

The dodgems are also called King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgem, also it's odd tidal wave is a large ride yet they have managed to make loggers leap bigger and taller then it, also X is now yellow, so either X is now yellow and bright blue , or the map designer is colour blind!

Not updated on the Android app yet, so I can't really judge the map on a dodgy grainy image.

Seems more suited to the new brand, but I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

And EC!, by the looks of it, the colours of the rides aren't going to be wholly representative of what they are in real life...

I love the map myself yes it misses rides out but I do actually think when you have one in your hands and look at it in full it actually quite clear as there focusing on the roller coaster as pin points on the maps so you know where you are for the 1st timers a lot clearer then the old one where no real direction on map as all squash together also love the little facts about the big rides on the maps as well

Have you guys considered the fact that this might just be a phone map? (Pretty unlikely I know but possible) Also I'm pretty sure it'll be kind of different when you hold it in your hands anyway XD Besides it's not like any of us need a map these days in the first place! Also I think anything was better as long as it doesn't have the weird characters on it :P

On the android app, on the map for navigation, that is the map above, its almost life like, and think that's the sort of thing they should be going for in a proper map in leaflet form, as people who usually use maps are the ones who need to know their way round, and let's be honest it's pretty difficult to do so with the current ones - Alton towers being even worse!

I much prefer this map to the ones in recent years - it's cleaner and more vibrant, and does away with the cartoon "big heads" which I was never a huge fan of. I think the plain fonts look far fresher too.

I like that they're leaning heavily on their 5 big coasters, and despite not being particularly accurate, it's enough such that people won't get lost - Thorpe's not a huge place!

Yet another nod towards the more family-oriented market, with the huge "Endless Fun" strap line at the top, rather than anything on thrills...