Kolmården Wildlife Park

EC!

This relatively unknown park, is getting incredibly hyped up by people in Sweden for a project to be announced on the 8th of April.

All we know at the moment is that this ride is called Wildfire and the ride will open in 2016.

1939502_1437106446527549_670986816_n.png

I know I am using a Robb Alvey quote and bladi-blah but he has said:

When the details of this are released, it's gonna BLOW PEOPLE AWAY! The park has revealed to me their plans and I cannot believe this is actually happening. We have a location and a name, and that's all I'm allowed to say right now!

I hope he is right about this one but for him to say this when, looking at tpr has slated quite a few of new projects in the past, especially those of the wing rider variety, this sounds promising! I'm remaining skeptical though as its Alvey :P

He is the fantastic preview trailer for this ride, which looks AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

It is owned by the same company that owns Skara Sommerland and Grona lund, so you might have not heard of it but I'm sure quite a few swedish people have...

Hello, I'm new here on the site and I'll probably not be around but I came across this thread and I thought I would give you guys some information since I do live in Sweden.

First off, Kolmården, located near Norrköping in Sweden is actually the biggest zoo in Scandinavia. It does have two small rides for younger people and such, but their main focus is on the animals. The park is very famous in Sweden and I doubt there's a single person who has not heard about it. Here is a map over the Zoo. http://www.kolmarden.com/Global/karta/parkkarta%202013.pdf.pdf if you are interested, someone posted a few images of the park in a thread over at TPR.

It has made a lot of profits and Swedish newspapers has revealed that the project will cost around 120 million kronor, which is about 18.5 million dollars or 11 million pounds. According to the newspapers, it will be a roller coaster, but the park owners has not confirmed anything yet.

The ride will NOT be some sort of record breaker, remember this is a family park. However, it is said to be something very cool which we have not seen before. So don't expect a new Superman - Ride of Steel or a double height kingda ka. If I would take a guess myself, I would guess that it will be something that goes around a big area of the park since they have so much space to use.

Tayto's is gonna be a Gravity Group one, we all assumed it would be RMC in a similar fashion with this one (because of the Vekoma link)...

83 degree drop and 1.3km long was all I garnered from the stream before giving up, should be stuff on Youtube later I'm sure, but I'm just not THAT interested in RMC...

Full stats Top speed: 113 km/h (70.2 MPH)

Track length: 1,300 metres (4,266 feet)

Height: 57 metres (187 feet)

First drop: 49 metres (160 feet) with an 83 degree angle

Inversions (travelling while upside down): 3

Air time moments (sensation of weightlessness): 12 times (4 with negative G)

Ride duration: 120 seconds

Capacity per hour: 960 people/hour

Seats per train: 24 people

Height restriction: 120 cm (47.2 in)

Build by: Rocky Mountain Construction

Designed by: Alan Schilke

It going to be a biggy!!

I think as pretty much none of us have been on an RMC I don't think we should just cast it away as a ride sure Goliath just looks pointless but Outlaw and this look fantastic with lots of potential hopefully this new type of woodie will come to the UK soon. Its probably the only way are going to get a woodie haha.

This looks amazing, a huge expansive layout, 3 inversions and on the side of a mountain forest. Layout below...

thumb_1_25.png

(Source: Theme Park Review)

It really bugs me that the majority of UK parks are "scared" of installing wooden coasters. If a relatively unknown park can get this sort of coaster, why the hell can't either Thorpe or Towers.

It has sortof the same elements in the first half as outlaw the over bank turns and what not although the first is note like goliaths in the case that it goes fully over 180 degrees and stays there for a few seconds whereas outlaw goes about 170 degrees over and is literally just a quick flick. Plus the corkscrews look great!!