Kolmården Wildlife Park

EC!

Nice to see more 'wood' to be coming to Europe, the ride looks really good, but is it just me who thinks a lot of the first half looks very, very, similar to Outlaw Run, not that it's a bad thing because OR is the fave of my RMCs.

That may be that in the trailer all the shots of the woodie were from outlaw run apart from the weird layout grahpic :P

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it just me, or does that POV feel sped up a bit?  Like the pacing seems unusually fast and almost uncomfortable?  

It looks fun and given all the reviews of RMCs I've read, I'm sure it'll be well received.  But I'm still not sold on the first inversion; they always seem awkward and it just doesn't feel right to me.

I think likewise Baron, I feel like their prolonged Overhangs are some of the most ugly, uncomfortable looking inversions out there. Having said that, I haven't ridden one or seen one in person so I cannot judge, but oh my this ride is one of the most wild coasters I have ever seen - Wood or steel.

I have ridden a RMC in The New Texas Giant,  and I gotta say,  there so much better than they look..

NTG looks meh from POV but is a amazing ride.

I wouldn't judge Wildfire by POV honestly, and if its anything like other RMC's it will be full of airtime and a fun ride.

9 hours ago, Benin said:

Love it, moan when POVs look slow, moan when they look fast...

To be fair, I've never moaned that a coaster looks slow from a POV... ;)

My first point is more about the fact the POV almost doesn't feel real; some sections just seem to be taken too fast to be real.  But given its not, then I guess that's nothing but a good thing...provided the ride is still comfortable in some way.

• 4 months later...

Breaking News:

"File this story under me just not understanding how the law works in other countries, but according to the translation of this article the Wildfire coaster at Kolmarden is in jeopardy of being torn down. As I recall the ride was given permission to be built, then delayed due to objections from environmentalists... then given permission again to go ahead. Now it seems that the department of "Land and Environmental" issues is retroactively revoking the 2014 building permits the park had, giving them permission to build Wildfire, saying that a much more extensive impact study should have been before before permission was given. The end result is that somehow the park now has a coaster standing that was technically built without the right permits... even though they had them at the time"

(Sourced From Screamscape)

Really?

It seems silly to flip-flop with the permits, especially now the ride is built as has been operational for a year..

Quite worrying though as Wildfire looks like one of the best in Europe, it looks insane, it'd be a tragedy to remove it.

Thoughts?

Nothing really to worry about.  It's much like what happened at Paulton's with Edge and Cobra, or Plopsaland with their noise thing - someone in the local authority has seen that there was some issues with the paperwork and raised the issue.  Unfortunately in this situation, it does require the ride to close, but people will always look at the worst-case scenario first.

Obviously a shake and inconvenient for the park and anyone visiting in the immediate future, but it'll reopen I'm sure!

It's a bit different to Paultons though, they went down the "better to ask forgiveness" route and just built their rides without planning permission at all, this lot have, it appears, gone to the effort of complying with the regulations, applied for permission, had it granted etc. then built the ride.

Only now to have the local authority flip flop their decision and reverse it which is something you cannot do outside of the appeals time limit, if I were the park I'd tell the LA to go do something physically impossible to do but if they did that, they'd never get permission for a rubbish bin again let alone more rides.

Local Authorities can be incredibly spiteful, and stupid, a fine example here.  This is the kind of situation where local authority does something dumb, makes owner tear down ride, park suffers, closes, then local authority complains the park closure has hurt the local economy, dumber than a box of frogs.