THE BIG EASTER (Easter Holiday Event)

MarkC

They pretty much take The Asylum down on the inside every year... most likely outcome is that it returns in basically the same/very similar format but with a different name.

Why do they take down the inside every year and how do you know this?

I would of thought that the Asylum is going this year with what happened last year anyway...

From what I'm aware, some years the route did stay up (around 2006ish if I remember correctly; there's some photos lying around on the internet somewhere when a scare-maze related website went in there during the summer one time I believe; though I can't seem to remember the site...). The room was used during National Science Week for talks and stuff I think.

As Dan said, 'The Asylum' under that name is unlikely to return, but instead a very similar maze, with a very similar route, except with an IP attached what with the Lionsgate thing.

This is by far the best Easter event they've done that I can remember!

The Angry Bird Easter egg hunt was great fun and we were really surprised by the positioning of one of the birds (but it was great to see them using this area). The egg you win is also very nice! An Aero Bubbles egg with Aero Bubbles inside. Yummy! (They also gave you a blue pen which has a Thorpe Park logo on it so that's a nice piece of free merchandise ;) )

Braniac Live was brilliant! Truly excellent show that was fun and enjoyable, something that has been missing from Thorpe for a long time. Much better than those stunt shows they usually bring in. Great use of The Asylum building too! I hope they use it over the summer for something and maybe even a Fright Nights show. The Asylum is gone, get over it.

Brilliant event and definitely the way Thorpe's events should be going!

^ Completely agree with the above, went with family today and we all loved the easter egg hunt. The Brainiac show was great fun too, I'd happily go see it again and it was a nice change from the stunt shows they usually do. Afraid to say I didn't get to see the live act in the dome, although I'm sure I didn't miss much.