How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

but its really raining now, so emptier?

Get to Asylum first. I got there half an hour before opening and was in 5 minutes after it started. On my way out I realised the queue was full. It's better to wait half an hour to get in than 2 hours or so! The Curse and Se7en had 20 minute queues and even though E 10 started off with a queue of 2 hours but at half 6 I queued half an hour for it (although it didn't seem it) This was yesterday and providing you do roughly that, you should do all the mazes in about 2 hours without facing huge queues. We done nothing but mazes and Barry and Stuart from half 3 and had done them all by 7pm... with a cheeky little trip to KFC in between :mellow:

Hi guys, Any ideas of how busy it will be on the 19th of march, With it being opening week and with swarm being a big crowd puller will it be very busy, It is a school day though so this could make it that bit quieter.. maybe, many thanks

I can't imagine it would be that busy in all honesty. Swarm will have been open for 4 days already, including a no doubt busy weekend like you said - you're probably looking at 30-40 minutes max for Swarm I would reckon. :(

Any ideas what the predicted numbers are for opening day (15th March)?

Bumping this post as I'd like to know as well.. :PAnyone from the inside who knows predicted numbers? Currently debating whether it's worth popping down during my 4 hours free from college, knowing that I'll only get a couple of hours on park to take into account travel.. XD

Come on guys, you know the drill.. How busy do you expect? It's the opening day of a major UK roller coaster. Look at your Facebook friend lists, isn't this a hot topic? It's going to be busy. Do not expect Swarm to be walk on!A-Is it a school day?B-What's the Weather trend recently?C-Are there any special events?None of us know exactly how busy any day will be, but the questions above can help anyone guess.

Edited by Neilfever

I wasn't simply asking 'How busy will it be?', more asking if people knew the predicted number, which tends to be quite accurate, an what I'd base whether I'd go or not. We all know the whole no one has a crystal ball, and say how busy it will be exactly, etc etc, and people haven't actually been asking that...

I wasn't simply asking 'How busy will it be?', more asking if people knew the predicted number, which tends to be quite accurate, an what I'd base whether I'd go or not.We all know the whole no one has a crystal ball, and say how busy it will be exactly, etc etc, and people haven't actually been asking that...

I'd go anyway Josh. I wouldn't let gate figures and hour queues get in the way of enjoying a brilliant rollercoaster. :P

We all know the whole no one has a crystal ball, and say how busy it will be exactly, etc etc, and people haven't actually been asking that...

Any ideas of how busy it will be on the 19th of march?

How busy would you reckon the park would be on Friday 30th March ?How busy do you think, concerning queue times?

I know the 19th March was mentioned, but how busy do you all think the rest of that week will be?

JoshC, many people have been asking that very question, although I understand you were after a predicted gate figure instead, which we rarey know either.I'm with Mark on this, it's gonna be a busy year due to The Swarm, opening weekend in particular. The Swarm is a great ride, don't let a busy queue put you off from enjoying it, although if you want to avoid the rush-a school day the following week would be better.Hope that helps some of the other questions.

Got a dilema, all my family passes are now standard and I plan to renew mine on the 18th March (does not expire untill april) however I am going to the Chessington AP day, and of course there system of issuing AP's is far better than the Thorpe way, but I would rather go to Thorpe first get a ride on the swarm then come over to Chessington to get my new AP but of course we only have a standard annual pass at the moment, but I am getting a premium this year. I don't really want to get an AP at thorpe park because I will probably spend 2 hours in an AP queue! What to do?