How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

How busy is it likely to be tomorrow; how long would some queues get? :)

I was there this past Tuesday and queues tended to be around:

Stealth was down for some of the time but the queue was generally 25 minutes.

Colossus: Fairly low all day, perhaps peaked at 15 minutes.

Saw was around 30 minutes

The Swarm was 30 minutes also, unfortunately it went to one train in the last hour or so.

Vortex and Rush both stayed approximately 10 minutes max.

So overall I doubt it will be too busy and you should have no problem in terms of getting on the rides :D

I'm meant to be going this week coming but my mum is busy for some reason so she's talking about going on the last week of term, I'm on study leave but people will still be at school - do you think the queues will get longer on that week as it's the last week for a lot of people? therefore they'd skip school and come to Thorpe Park?

Should I try and persuade her to just go this week?

I'm meant to be going this week coming but my mum is busy for some reason so she's talking about going on the last week of term, I'm on study leave but people will still be at school - do you think the queues will get longer on that week as it's the last week for a lot of people? therefore they'd skip school and come to Thorpe Park?

Should I try and persuade her to just go this week?

Each week in the next couple of months will be pretty busy with a lot of school trips. This week will probably be quite busy as will the last week if term. Your best bet would be this week as the weather's playing up a bit so people might be put off going. But I don't think there would be much difference between them, have fun! :)

^Probably pretty good. I went around this time last year, and the queues were fairly small. However, there are two risks:

1. If it is quiet, quite a few shops may close, which is annoying.

2. Or it may be crowded because of school trips.

Will it be busy on the 3rd?

Went today, sorry for the late update I was knackered after I drove back. The park wasn't 'packed' as it were but it wasn't quiet, it would've been nice for it to be a little quieter so I could have 'whored' some more re-rides with my friends but the longest queue was about an hour which was for the Swarm. Most of the larger rides were between 20-40 minutes so overall it wasn't too bad :)

I'm going on Thursday the 5th July for my birthday, schools still on, people are still at work and it will be raining for most of the day, and I would of thought that most people would go on the Friday or weekend, do you think it will be packed? or reasonably empty?

:( surely a few schools wont make a difference if not may people show up in the first place, or am I wrong? :mellow:

Unfortunately you are wrong although this being the first week of July, it won't be as bad as the next two weeks. The thing with school groups is they all follow the same pattern so at certain points, a particular ride will be packed. For instance, I went to Chessington last week and for the majority of the day Rattlesnake was empty. However once the school groups all found it, the queue shot up to 45 minutes.

You just need to be smart and not follow everyone else, maybe do the park in the opposite direction.

Going tomorrow (Sunday 8 July)... I know it's a weekend so queues are going to be big but with Wireless Festival going on and unreliable weather, what do you think queues will be like overall? Don't worry, I'm not expecting them to be under an hour hahaha

I am going tomorrow as well but I doubt that it will be too busy given the crap weather we are having.