How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

I like your style, drop your girl off at nursery and let her play, whilst you go and play in the bigger park! B)

I would go more during the week if it wasn't for work commitments, but when I'm off work I try to make time for visits to any park, especially as I'm only about 20 minutes from Chessington.

Yep she goes 3 days a week anyway whilst I'm at work and if she don't go I'm still paying for it lol I also have lots of holiday to take this year even though I'm part time something like 15 days which equates to 5 weeks as I work 3 days a week! so I'll be going TP at least once or twice a month as I don't really have any holidays booked this year!

I only ever have problems getting people to come with me who don't have as much holiday as me, or have their kids at home with them etc etc! I need a TP buddy who can go at the drop of a hat ha ha !

How busy is it likely to be on Sunday 24th March, if I rocked up at mid-day, do you think I could do all the extreme rides by 6pm without purchasing any fast track?

Generally queues can reach up to an hour on a sunday(with swarm,stealth,saw, nemmy inferno and Colossus being 45-60 mins)

You should be fine however- you will be able to do all the rides by 6pm as the queues die down in the last hour or so! Just a note, don't go to swarm last minute if you want to ride backwards as the backwards queue closes early!

Why not join the TPM meet on that day?

Hope this helps,

James

Thanks James, the hour queues put me off a bit as that means I have only 6 rides because I will be starting mid-day, I am hoping I do not have to put my hand in the pocket for fast-track but it seems I may have to.

I am far too old to join the TPM meet up (I am 30 years old), plus you will protest if I start violating the girl with me ;-)

Thanks James, the hour queues put me off a bit as that means I have only 6 rides because I will be starting mid-day, I am hoping I do not have to put my hand in the pocket for fast-track but it seems I may have to.

I am far too old to join the TPM meet up (I am 30 years old), plus you will protest if I start violating the girl with me ;-)

If you join the TPM meet at least the time in queues goes by quicker! If you plan your day well, you shall get on all the rides with fairly short queues though. The longest I had to queue last time on a Sunday was 40 mins because I planned my day well- also you will get on well more than 6 rides as the queues die down in the last hour, and they go down to about 5/10 mins which means you can get on at least 6 rides in the last hour!

Have fun :D

Sometimes it's because the whole world thinks "I'm not going there around Easter! It will be packed!" If enough people think that, which can be a lot! Then for some reason the park will end up dead! I remember going to Alton Towers on a Saturday halfway through the summer hols, just after Th13teen opened and the longest queue was Air 45 minutes, the rest were no longer than 20 minutes, however back on topic, in regards to Thorpe, I don't think you can beat the week before Fright Nights or maybe around my birthday October 12th because it still gets dark, 2 years ago (don't know how much it has changed with Swarm there), managed Saw 5 times (yes it hurt), Colossus twice, Inferno 3 times, Stealth 3 times, the flats all had empty queues, minus Vortex, I'd never go during the summer again, last time weekday in the summer (not the holidays), every ride minus Slammer and the Banana Boat had "99 mins" displayed.