How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

I made a new topic about ques because I haven't seen this topic, sorry :(

Why do you say that in early june is school holiday time? I thought it was in July... I was planning to go on June 10th for example, and it's monday... do you think it will be busy? is better to go on thursday? or on tuesday?

Thanks EC and Coaster Jamie. I was thinking of avoiding Monday as it's bank holiday Monday so my guess is that would be the busiest day. Celia_coba, last week of May is school holidays, half-term. June 10th is when schools have gone back.

So, in the week of half-term, it should be a bit quieter than the weekends? Monday will be bank Holiday so do you think Tue, Wed or Thur would be a good bet. I am assuming more people will be there on Friday as they may be making a weekend of it. What sort of queue times are we talking for half-term?

Hi all

I want to visit Thorpe at some point between end of exams (18th June) and before schools break up. Obviously GCSEs will have finished and A levels as well so I am not expecting to hear a pin drop there, the main thing I am worried about is the school trip season. When abouts does this period start and on this basis, when is the best time to go? I sometimes check the Ride Hopper app on a school day for a (very) rough guide on queue times but this isn't always reliable.

Frustrates me that so many schools see fit to take their kids to a theme park in the middle of term time (if we ever had them they were during half term) but that's a rant for another time :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

The general school trip season will be between the 8th July and 19th July as it is usually the last two weeks of term this trips occur. My school also has an inset day on the 5th July so there could be a few other schools around the area also on inset (my school is 5 minutes away). Fridays and Mondays are also the busiest with school trips so midweek would be best but Thursdays also tend to be a bit busy. I did visit one day in the first week of July last year and there were a fair few school trips there, but most didn't arrive till 11 and had left by 4 which gave us 3 hours of peace and quiet.

So basically I'd recommend avoiding July just to be safe and visiting midweek.

Whenever you do chose to visit though have fun and I hope its not too busy :)

Hi, thanks for your reply. Looks like we will have to go before July then. If no-one else does I will report back on how busy it is for the interest of others who might also be going around this time :)

Last went 3 years ago during half term, place was heaving but we still managed to do a fair few rides - and we went at 4!

I went to Thorpe yesterday and whilst it wasn't dead there was plenty of time to get on all the rides. Stealth, Colossus and Inferno were running on one train so queues peaked at 40 minutes or so (Note to Thorpe - Why do you do this?! You have two trains so use them. It's incredibly frustrating). Swarm reached a queue of about an hour before they added a second train, at which point the queue dropped to about 15 mins, and Saw varied from 15-30 mins.

Most of the flats were quiet so no problem there :)

Just for you, (and this is a Mark9 special)! I am going to predict accurately all the rides queue times from 10am to 6pm. If I am wrong then you will have to blame the spirits, we have a bad connection where I live so occasionally queue times get jumbled with the local Chinese.

Saw: The Ride 10am - 10-20 mins. 11am - 30-50 mins 12pm - 60 mins 1pm - 60 mins 2pm - 60 mins 3pm - closed due to technical problems

4pm - closed due to technical problems 5pm - reopens at 5:29 with a 20 minute queue.

The Swarm - 10am - 50 mins 11am - 30 mins 12pm - 10 mins 1pm - 10 mins 2pm - 30 mins 3pm - 20 mins 4pm - 5 mins 5pm - 5 mins

Colossus - 10am - 30 mins, 11am - 60 mins, 12pm - 60 mins, 1pm - 30 mins, 2pm - 20 mins 3pm - 20 mins, 4pm - 5 mins, 5pm - 5 mins

Nemesis Inferno - 10am - 5 mins, 11am - 15 mins, 12pm - 30 mins, 1pm - 30 mins, 2pm - 25 mins, 3pm - 10 mins, 4pm - 5 mins, 5pm - 5 mins

Stealth - 10am - 10 mins, 11am - 30 mins, 12pm - 60 mins, 1pm - 40 mins, 2pm - 60 mins (due to a guest being sick), 3pm - 30 mins, 4pm - 15 mins, 5pm - 5 mins

I hope this helps. :)

It's begun, the first school trips have started flocking to our nations attractions. It's queue season till September in my books.

It's queue season until the first week or two of the summer holidays.

Then it's as quiet as an offpeak day, like september. Oh, I just cannot wait to be visiting.

It's queue season until the first week or two of the summer holidays.

Then it's as quiet as an offpeak day, like september. Oh, I just cannot wait to be visiting.

For real? I tried to visit Chessington at the very end of the school holidays last year, took one look at the gate and left. It was the stuff of nightmares. Is there a 'quiet days in summer' strategy?

For real? I tried to visit Chessington at the very end of the school holidays last year, took one look at the gate and left. It was the stuff of nightmares. Is there a 'quiet days in summer' strategy?

Yes. Hence why I said the beginning of the holidays, not the end.

As mark says - noone visits right at the beginning, everyone visits at the end as they are in the UK/realise they said they were gonna take them/bored of other things to do.

Infact it's pretty much the same of any school holiday - the parks are busier towards the end of the holidays compared to the beginning, weather permitting of course.