How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

I was thinking of going next Monday/Tuesday as I assumed it would be relatively quiet with kids still at school. Certain posts above are saying school trips have started so not looking good. Expecting 60 min queues minimum now.

I think I might hold off til September when they all go back or I think a few people have said first few weeks of summer holiday are usually pretty quiet?

I have an option of visiting thorpe park from the 8th-19th and I was wondering which day would be emptiest- I understand due to school trips the days are likely to be busy but which will be emptiest?

P.S a note to those visiting during school trip season- although the days are really busy the beginning and end are empty as the school trips have left (:

I arrived today greeted by a completely full coach park, but no queue went up to 2 hours. Longest we waited was 60 (excluding extended wait for the front row) for Colossus and the longest I mentally recorded was Saw's queue of 90. A lot of the queues were displayed as longer than they actually were (Inferno said 30 mins when in fact it was 15, more due to the efficiency of the staff which I must take my hat off to, and Swarm's was 45 when advertised as 60).

Later on Swarm's backwards queue went right down to about 15-20 minutes so we managed to bag a second ride.

Flat rides were generally ok and most not as long as the queue boards displayed.

All in all, a mixed bag. In total the ride count was 14 including 2 for X, Inferno, Zodiac (we like Enterprises) and Swarm.

My first trip in 3 years so it was good to go back again whatever the queues. Did a lot of stuff for the first time, which was good even if the tales of woe I had heard about Colossus turned out to be true as it left me with a headache and sore thighs :D

As most of you know the youngsters these days, finish the exams, and this is at the local colleges as well, then do "trips" to TP for various reasons, the main one is to stand in the queue in front of me.

I met some kids last week who told me that they were on a bonus school trip for "full attendance", they didn't understand when I told them to go back to school to maintain that record.

The half term to the end of the summer term is worst, then as suggested the earlier part of the main summer holiday is best if you want to go.

Someone did suggest a Sunday is good, but I have always tried to avoid them too.

Hi, similar question from me. We are going to be in London next week and I thinking about going to Thorpe park for a day. What day would be best to go? I was thinking Sunday as during the week will be very busy with school trips, or will Sunday still be very busy?

Thanks

Hi, similar question from me. We are going to be in London next week and I thinking about going to Thorpe park for a day. What day would be best to go? I was thinking Sunday as during the week will be very busy with school trips, or will Sunday still be very busy?

Thanks

If I was you I would go on the Sunday too, although it will still be busy it will be quieter than with the school trips in the week!

Have a good time lt us know how it goes!

Yeah, thought so.

I think we're going to head to Nemesis Inferno first, (tradition for 3 years :P) and then The Swarm. After that we'll wing it until 1/2 o'clock, but then I'm splitting up to fast track Stealth, Colossus and others. (depending on queue times, of course)

Thanks! c:

If I was you I would go on the Sunday too, although it will still be busy it will be quieter than with the school trips in the week!

Have a good time lt us know how it goes!

Thanks, I am also hoping the Andy Murray gets to the Wimbledon final and lots of people stay at home to watch that. Probably just wishful think though.

I went to Chessie a few years ago one summer day, it was 32ºC and really quiet. This was a Saturday in the summer holidays as well so it may put some people off. Plus, Black Cherry Fair is on in Chertsey all of tomorrow which is likely to attract many of the locals. And with the way Thorpe has been this (and last) year you can't ever be certain.

Always best to expect it to be busy then when it is you're not surprised and if it isn't, bonus!

never been in the summer holidays before... and seen this on thorpe parks website (am intending to go monday 22nd), so just worrying/wondering how busy it will most likely be!

Planning a trip? We're expecting high volumes of visits from schools on 16th, 17th, 18th and 22nd July, so the Park will be busy on these dates...

I am going again 2nd august in the day and for the summer nights... but monday is a bit of a last minute plan as we're planning on getting an annual pass for an extra tenner on top the full day price so we can use it again on our trip in august, and have it to use for the rest of the year.

just wondering if it would really be worth going, spending like £30 between us on petrol and parking, as I can imagine it being busy, but have been fright nights, and worried it would be busier than then, and almost a waste of a day, even though we would be getting the passes (considering the offer is definitely on til at least end of july, but the chances are it could stop when we go on 2nd august!)

thanks.

never been in the summer holidays before... and seen this on thorpe parks website (am intending to go monday 22nd), so just worrying/wondering how busy it will most likely be!

Planning a trip? We're expecting high volumes of visits from schools on 16th, 17th, 18th and 22nd July, so the Park will be busy on these dates...

I am going again 2nd august in the day and for the summer nights... but monday is a bit of a last minute plan as we're planning on getting an annual pass for an extra tenner on top the full day price so we can use it again on our trip in august, and have it to use for the rest of the year.

just wondering if it would really be worth going, spending like £30 between us on petrol and parking, as I can imagine it being busy, but have been fright nights, and worried it would be busier than then, and almost a waste of a day, even though we would be getting the passes (considering the offer is definitely on til at least end of july, but the chances are it could stop when we go on 2nd august!)

thanks.

I think Monday will be reasonably busy but no where near as busy as the 16th,17th and 18th. Most schools have broken up by now and a lot of people are going on holiday. I can't see the 22nd being too busy to be honest, however I may be wrong. My guess is 40-60 minute queues for most of the day with a ride going up to a maximum of 90 towards the middle of the day!

I think Monday will be reasonably busy but no where near as busy as the 16th,17th and 18th. Most schools have broken up by now and a lot of people are going on holiday. I can't see the 22nd being too busy to be honest, however I may be wrong. My guess is 40-60 minute queues for most of the day with a ride going up to a maximum of 90 towards the middle of the day!

I think your are totally wrong. I went on a last year the week after most schools broke up and it was heaving! Loads of people go with their mates to celebrate the end of school and it is just chaos! 1.5 hours for most rides would be my guess.

Most schools break up midweek this week, so school trips are still on. If they've put out a message of warning about that day then I definitely wouldn't be telling people it 'shouldn't be too busy'.