How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Does anyone think the first sunday(11th October) or the second sunday(19th October) of fright nights will be busier? When I visited on the 2nd Sunday last year, it poured all day meaning rides were walk on all day and mazes reached a maximum of around 30mins(we waited 60 for asylum due to someone loosing their personal items).

Does anyone have a rough idea of what it will be like this year, may even be visiting both weekends but would be appreciated if anyone knew which is likely to be emptier as I need to book my early bird AP ticket. Thanks to all

Was thinking the same as you, I visited the same day as you last year the 13th of October and it was great, pretty much walk on queues for the rides all day and no queue above 30 minutes for all the mazes. I'm not sure if this was purely because of the weather though?

I'm thinking the first weekend might be a bit busier because it's the first weekend it's on so I might go on the 19th of October. I'm not expecting it to be like last year but I think it won't be as busy.

In my experience, Fright Nights usually just gets busier as time goes on, so I'd expect the first weekend to be quieter than the second.

Of course, things like weather, word of mouth, what day you go on, etc. all effect how busy it'll be - so it's pretty difficult to even guestimate how busy it'll be for Fright Nights.

As a warning to anyone as I have experienced this one before between 15-19 and the 22-26th of september it will be very busy. Do not think it will be off peak as schools can get in for a very low price and there is a load of workshops for schools. Last year when I went and the same thing was on I managed 5 rides in the whole day as everything was 2 hours or above. 

As a warning to anyone as I have experienced this one before between 15-19 and the 22-26th of september it will be very busy. Do not think it will be off peak as schools can get in for a very low price and there is a load of workshops for schools. Last year when I went and the same thing was on I managed 5 rides in the whole day as everything was 2 hours or above. 

That's a shame, we had a big trip planned for the 23rd of September - is it generally bad all the way through that period?

Whilst yes, it normally is quieter in September, there are at least 2 dates on which merlin have released special offers to scout, youth and school groups for tickets. Priced rather low, and on a weekend, they are probably aiming for a couple big sell out days to make up for the quiet days? Idk but yeah there are a couple of big offer dates on a certain day or 2 in september. 

Oh god that really didn't help..

Whilst yes, it normally is quieter in September, there are at least 2 dates on which merlin have released special offers to scout, youth and school groups for tickets. Priced rather low, and on a weekend, they are probably aiming for a couple big sell out days to make up for the quiet days? Idk but yeah there are a couple of big offer dates on a certain day or 2 in september. 

Oh god that really didn't help..

If it helps, just looked it up on the youth groups page and thought I'd post the dates here:

September 7th, 14th, 21st, 27th, 28th

October 5th, 12th, 19th

So basically, all the Sundays!

Ah good, I do enjoy a nice empty theme park.

Same. I remember going to Chessington in 2004...and arriving so early that when we entered it was almost completely empty! (giving rise to the slogan "Where Families Come First" ;)). Also. last time I went to Thorpe, I turned up early for ERT, and walking to SAW through the area between Vortex and Zodiac, it was completely BARE! :P

Well it was definitely quiet but  not empty. After lunch there were a lot more people from the 18-25 age group suddenly about. All the same the big coasters all seemed to stay under 15 mins queue time. Samurai had a pretty big line but then it did appear to undergo some downtime. Was quite amusing counting the amount of Rumba Rapids boats going round empty and the guy running the teacups methodically sweeping to kill time.