How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Unsure as to whether to try it or not, we've never been so really fancy going!

If you can make the sunday I would highly recommend that instead. Despite sunday 9th being the last day of the season, fright nights are over and Sundays generally tend to be the emptiest day of the weekend.

On the Saturday I would expect coasters between 60-90mins and flat rides up to 30mins. On the sunday I would expect coasters up to 60mins and flats around 15mins.

Of course other things like weather factor in as well, and it is the last weekend the park is open so it could be considerably busier or emptier. If you are going, expect long queues(especially) on the Saturday but as I said, in reality it shouldn't be too bad as most weekends tend to see coasters around 60mins max. As I said also, most people will go for fright nights so I really wouldnt expect it to be too bad, however the sunday will be considerably emptier than the saturday.

Hope this helps anyway.

Ok to stop the park from going over capacity the answer as to what Thorpe should do is simple:

Stop all vouchers and promo codes for the events making it either that you pay the £50 on the door or book in advance, for a cheaper price, as people either will or wont pay the £50 on the day in theory making the park less crowded whilst TP still gain the gate revenue they want. This should also include tesco vouchers. 

^^Yes unless the voucher excludes it.

Ok to stop the park from going over capacity the answer as to what Thorpe should do is simple:

Stop all vouchers and promo codes for the events making it either that you pay the £50 on the door or book in advance, for a cheaper price, as people either will or wont pay the £50 on the day in theory making the park less crowded whilst TP still gain the gate revenue they want. This should also include tesco vouchers.

So many people pay the full price on the day anyway. The way thorpe see it, the more people, the more fastrack sold. The more people, the more money made. People on facebook have been waiting 60mins just to buy the fastrack passes. I doubt thorpe will change this as overall it's making them much much more money.

Hard one to call, it being a last minute addition. I'd imagine it will be pretty quiet with the kids back being to school and people not having long to plan it since the announcement. Unless a significant number of schools have a teacher sitting in a pub training day that is, if anyone knows?

The majority of us school kids have an inset day on Monday.

I would imagine it to be fairly busy, otherwise thorpe wouldn't have decided to add an extra event day in. I would expect coasters over 60mins and mazes over 90mins and you can be pleasantly suprised if things are less.

Thorpe wouldn't have added it, unless they could make loads of money by adding an extra day. So expect it to be busy.

The majority of us school kids have an inset day on Monday.

I would imagine it to be fairly busy, otherwise thorpe wouldn't have decided to add an extra event day in. I would expect coasters over 60mins and mazes over 90mins and you can be pleasantly suprised if things are less.

Thorpe wouldn't have added it, unless they could make loads of money by adding an extra day. So expect it to be busy.

I completely disagree:

It will, be like the first week of Fright Nights. There won't be many coaches which generally fill up the park unless Thorpe having been offering free entry I think it will be much quieter than this last week.

Inset days are the worst though. That's why the Friday just gone (24th) was so busy for what should have been a fairly quiet day because of inset days or people finishing college early. People who work full time as well might take the day off to go on this date as it suits them better.

Basically, they won't have decided to make it a Fright Night if they weren't expecting a substantial number of people after all it is an expensive event to run due to all the actors!

"Due to popular demand, Sunday 2 November is strictly prebook only.

There are limited tickets still available, but you must prebook online to guarantee your entry.

Standard Passholders can book their £10 event ticket, or Premium Passholders can book their free entry through the link below - don't miss out."

Looks like they think tomorrow is going to hit capacity. Not great considering it was only predicted for 9000. With Colossus, samurai and slammer down as well I think there are going to be LONG queues just like there has been for all of half term. Shame, as I was looking forward to a relatively quiet day.