How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

I'd say the 4/5th will be busier than the 30th, simply because the 4/5th is the second week of the Easter Half Term when kids start getting completely bored and parents get desperate and drag them to theme parks to keep them occupied, but frankly any of those dates will be 'more busy than an average week day', 40-80 mins queues likely.

Omg chocolate? Where?!!

Just got home from visiting today and managed a whopping 7 rides - though we arrived at gone 10 and left before 3. Ugh I just hate queues so much so I lost count of the amount of times I went to queue for something then decided against it. I guess because I am used to going mid week when the kids are at school it was a bit of a shocker. Colossus and Saw on 70 mins at one point, Stealth was advertised as 20 mins but was actually 45-60mins. Flip side is that when we headed to Swarm it was pretty much walk on. Inferno was around an hour at a guess (some of the queue times weren't showing). Had a good day but very frustrated when going to X and it saying a 5 min queue - no queue outside the building but once we joined the queue inside it was a good 30-40 mins before we got on. And the floor was sticky to the point I thought I was going to get glued to it.

Flat rides were varied but generally between 20-30 mins with Rumba and Tidal about 5-10 mins. I know the summer holidays get crazy busy so today was probably not considered a busy day but it felt like it.

And I am ashamed to say that I bought fast track for Saw because it is both mine and my nieces fave ride and the queue was ridiculous - I feel robbed! Apologies - I appear to have typed a trip report!

Chocolate how was it today?

Was really surprised as it was actually pretty dead today, especially for a school holiday.

It was worth noting the queue boards were ALL wrong; the main boards were broken and the rest of them were either displaying "queue time unavailable" or just simply weren't updated all day e.g. rush stated 25mins all day and it was actually walk on, X stated 60 mins all day and it was only 15.

Colossus was on one train so that was pretty long, the queue looked like it peaked at about 100mins or so but we waited 20 towards the end of the day.

Waited 50mins for saw in the morning and the queue looked about the same length ish for the rest of the day.

Waited 30mins for stealth and was similar all day.

Waited 15-20 mins for inferno but at one point it did look like a good 30-40mins wait.

Swarm was practically walk on all day.

Everything else was pretty much dead, X was about 15mins (was a tiny queue outside the building) and the rest of the flat rides were all walk on or between 1-3 cycles wait (although we must have waited 30-40mins for 3 cycles on slammer because it was literally taking 10 minutes to load the damn thing).

Reasonable amount of breakdowns noticed; Colossus and saw spent most of the morning/early afternoon closed by the looks of things(saw broke straight after we got off about 11) and nemesis inferno broke down for a reasonable portion of the day too. Samurai was again closed and it will be for another few months.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Samurai was again closed and it will be for another few months.

For God's sake, Samurai is my favourite flat on park and it's never ever open. I don't see why they don't just remove it or replace it seeing as its only open for a few days per season [emoji19]

Back on subject however, the rest of the holidays should be busy ish.

How busy do you reckon the park will be on April 11th? It is a Monday but I know that for a lot of people it's still the holidays. Hoping that nothing will be over 45-50 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My niece returns to school on 11th after Easter break - my nephews finished later for their Easter hols but they are in Hertfordshire so the 11th should be a lot quieter than this coming week.

For God's sake, Samurai is my favourite flat on park and it's never ever open. I don't see why they don't just remove it or replace it seeing as its only open for a few days per season [emoji19]

Back on subject however, the rest of the holidays should be busy ish.

Yup agree with you entirely about Samurai - my fave flat aswell and is very disheartening when you walk past it just sitting there doing naff all