How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Pretty busy as it's the day after MOS night and I think the SharkBoxSleepomatic Hotel is fully booked so those late night revelers get access to the park the following day. However depending on the night they have and booze consumed I think they will come out later in the day so think the morning will be quieter (Even though hotel guests get free fastrack till 11) then I think it will be heaving later in the day. Not to forget all those day attendees during a weekend too. 

29 minutes ago, pluk said:

Anyone know when the worst of the school trips hits?

People at work are planning to go on 21st of this month and I'm gearing the worst...

Worst of school trips is in July.

Late June is usually manageable; wouldn't expect queues to peak at longer than 30-45mins at worst. And if you're sensible and don't do Swarm first, don't do DBGT when it opens, etc, you'll be fine.

Sorry to continue the how busy will it be topic but I was planning to go this monday thinking as it is a week day and most schools have finished their holidays, it would not be too busy. However it is still listed as being open from 9:30 till 7. Does this mean that it will still have the 60-90 min queue lines you described???

A few questions.... How busy is it likely to be on Saturday? Is it likely Stealth will open in the morning? If Stealth is open is the best bet to just do all the rides once then whore Stealth for the rest of the day?

1) How the hell are we supposed to know? Just think about it and try and make an educated guess yourself.2) If it's ready to open in the morning then it will open in the morning. If it isn't ready to open in the morning then it will not be open in the morning.3) If you're trying to ask 'Will Stealth have no queue in the afternoon?' then the answer will be no. Stealth is usually fairly quiet until 11am, as everyone else's first instinct is to run to Saw/Colossus and that side first. It's why I've always avoided that side of the park until later on in the day. You will probably be able to get a few Stealth rides under your belt early on in the day, but as midday approaches Stealth will just get busier and busier I'm afraid. However if the park is very busy from the off then Stealth will simply have a queue all day, from the very start to the very end.

Thanks, I've changed to Tuesday now in light of 'inset day rush'. One other thing I'm sure their used to be a section of the site which stated which rides were not currently in operation. Does anyone know what happened to that info or what is currently the case??

Thanks, I've changed to Tuesday now in light of 'inset day rush'. One other thing I'm sure their used to be a section of the site which stated which rides were not currently in operation. Does anyone know what happened to that info or what is currently the case??

If a ride is unavailable then it will appear in the scroller bar.

I went on wednesday (the 14th), never again will I go during school holidays, 4 rides in 7 hours!!!! got on Nemesis with about 20 min que followed by Colossus where qued for about two hours :-(, then to saw where we waited 3 hours !!! (didn't relise was soo long) then saw alive where qued about 40 mins, Stealth just opened at this time ( about 5pm ) but didn't want to wait 75 mins so drove home, I'm just glad we had anual passes and only cos me £20 petrol, will go In a few weeks to hopefully get on all the rodes :)

Hi Guys, have read both this thread and the link on the main site - however I have never visited Thorpe/Chessie on a Bank Holiday.Please could anyone tell me whether there would be a significant difference in queues between this Saturday (1st May) and this Monday (3rd May)? Think we'll prob be making a trip to Chessington for the first time in a while! Anyone's experience from previous years would be greatly appreciated :D