How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Went on 22nd a queues were big. Peak times:stealth - 40nemesis - 80saw - 85saw alive - 80rush- 60vortex-50Colossus- 80asylum - 99 mins (by 4:25)*I can only see queue tims getting worse*

Yup I saw them Queue times aswell with X : No Way Out even getting a 45 minute queue at one point. Stealth I saw with a lot larger queue as well during the day, ranging around 60mins. Even Tidal Wave has a longer-than-usual Fright Night queue, even though it was 10 mins. With Loggers Leap with a 25 minutes queue. I thought that was rather weird considering it was FREEZING.

It might be quite busy, but it really depends on the weather. Its normally quite drizzly at that time of year, if so, not many people will turn up I guess. Some of the rides surrounding storm surge might be less busy though, since it's new...

I'd say they'd be more busy, y'know, people go to Storm Surge, then rides nearby. I'd say it's far too early to say what opening day will be like this season. Depends on the marketing prior to opening, the weather, etc. etc.

Hey guys,Iv got some relatives coming over to england, they are staying from 17th-20th march. I wanted to take them to Thorpe Park on the 18th, thats the only day everyone is available. But I don't want to take them there if its going to packed, it would be a waste of their day.Has anyone experienced the second day of openning before, is it normally really busy or quite quiet?Any opinions would be of much helpCheers GuysBen

It's a Friday so shouldn't be too bad , but with the online prices being cheaper now it won't help the park being not busy IMO I've been in week day in the summer on a Wednesday last year and prices were cheaper 2for 1 and manic 90 minutes of queues on all rides . I'm going on the 24 th and hoping to be quiet too :unsure:

Hey guys,Iv got some relatives coming over to england, they are staying from 17th-20th march. I wanted to take them to Thorpe Park on the 18th, thats the only day everyone is available. But I don't want to take them there if its going to packed, it would be a waste of their day.Has anyone experienced the second day of openning before, is it normally really busy or quite quiet?Any opinions would be of much helpCheers GuysBen

I don't think it will be reeeaaally busy untill the Saturday, as it's still a school day and alot of people would've planned to go saturday :unsure:If it does get busy it shouldn't be untill after 3pm

Cheers for your replies guys, think I'm gona risk it and take them their. Nowadays at thorpe, it always seems to be busy :blush:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's busy . When I used to go when I was younger I could go in every ride at least twice but every time apart from one I've only managed I go on each ride in the whole day . But fingers crossed XX that it's going to be fine for you :unsure:

I am looking to go on the 21st of march but with thorpe park recently just opening on the 17th I'm just interested if its going to be busy or not, It is a school day so I'm sure that should lower guest numbers but still with a new season and new ride I'm thinking it could be slightly busy.. Any ideas guys ??Thanks guys :P :P

Its each to there own on opinions really it's a Monday so I would say will be a little busyier than other weekdays but I'f weather is rain permited helps the queues to be less busy with other promotion offers on at mo could be busy :P I'm going on the thursday of that week and hoping to be empty but never is also hoping security wont stop me again but never happens I must look like a criminal and my mates etc :P

Just a quick question, I collected the sun thorpe park vouchers last year which entitles you two free tickets to enter the park on any one day this year but does this mean you can just go up to the gates and use your ticket there or do you need to queue with the ticket from the sun and then get a new ticket from the kiosk, It will just save time queuing at the kiosks.. Has anyone used these tickets ??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article173863.ece

Just a quick question, I collected the sun thorpe park vouchers last year which entitles you two free tickets to enter the park on any one day this year but does this mean you can just go up to the gates and use your ticket there or do you need to queue with the ticket from the sun and then get a new ticket from the kiosk, It will just save time queuing at the kiosks.. Has anyone used these tickets ??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article173863.ece

Any ideas guys, It would be a great help if you can help in any way ??

Any ideas guys, It would be a great help if you can help in any way ??

Yeah, you would have to queue up to buy your tickets before entering the queue for the gates. You could book online instead which is only a bit more expensive and collect your tickets from the machines on the side and go straight to the gates :)

Anyone got any ideas of how busy it will be next Monday 21st March, I am guessing all the kids will be at school so that should help keep the numbers down hopefully, I dont really like the idea of queuing up for hours on end, This is why I'm looking to go on a week day, Please help guys.. Much appreciated ??