Thorpe Shark Hotel

Marc

Now the hotel is open have created it a new topic separate to the one following its construction / Plans.

Am quite impressed with it so far, the Reception area is themed well, like the little touches of the Thorpe Park signage.

The style of it all reminds me of Alton Towers in a way, which is a good thing.

The rooms are of a good quality, slightly bigger too but that may be only noticeable if you've stayed in the old Crash Pad. Quite impressed with the TV system, probably one of the better ones I've seen in a hotel.

post-1-0-20076000-1396629576_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-15078800-1396629591_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-43524400-1396629614_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-08805600-1396629637_thumb.jpg

Have they found any resolution to the toilet issue?

Yes, normal flushing toilet and no more see through door!

Something I'm noticing. there don't seem to be any sockets in and of the pictures. I've got two entertainment devices to charge. where are the sockets :o

There are don't worry! 2 sets of 2 :)

• 11 months later...

I think it's good that Thorpe have hosted 9pm closing on selected rides for Shark Hotel guests over Easter. The rides available consisted of two children's rides: Flying Fish and Depth Charge, two family rides: Quantum and Zodiac and two thrill rides: Rush and Vortex. Whilst it would have been better if the likes of X and Colossus stayed open for hotel guests, it shows the park are heading in the right direction to later opening hours for the park in future years. Having 6 rides open for three hours after park closing is a generous decision for Thorpe park to make and is certainly improved compared to last year when only Vortex and Depth Charge were open for two hours extra into the evening.

Hopefully the addition of this late ride time can lead onto the park staying open later in the long run. This addition and Island Beats certainly seem to hint that Thorpe are trying to extend their opening hours and are trying to come on to be one of the leading parks in Europe with hopefully more entertainment being added for guests as the year goes on.

Completely agree, I think it's a great move. 

However I do think it's a shame it wasn't really advertised on their website or around the park, I only saw it advertised on Twitter. On Sunday 12th at 7pm them 6 rides were obviously open, but there was just no one there, just staff standing around at each ride. Hopefully this won't put them off keeping rides open later in the future, not sure if there was people still riding later on other days? 

I think it would be good if Annual pass holders could also use this benefit, seeing as there was no one there anyway. I think annual pass holders could when it was Depth Charge and Vortex?

Thorpe have hosted 9pm closing on selected rides for Shark Hotel guests over Easter. The rides available consisted of two children's rides: Flying Fish and Depth Charge, two family rides: Quantum and Zodiac and two thrill rides: Rush and Vortex. 

And suddenly a stay in the 'hotel' seems worth while.

Is this continuing? 

• 1 month later...

Yes, they open the lost city rides, Depth Charge and Fish up until 9pm. The fastrack is for an hour and a half after park opening, and whilst you get in before the non hotel guests, you'll spend half an hour trying to find anything that is open before 10. I'd start on Swarm or Stealth as they seem to like operating them on one train until those queuelines reach 60mins.

I assume this ride time after close is selected times only ? we stayed over last Sunday ( 17th ) evening and there were no rides running after 6pm. Only a couple of rides testing around 8pm.

There was no fastrack for us as a hotel guest until the next morning when we didn't need to use it as it was quiet and nothing opened until almost 10am anyway so I am unsure why there is a need to get in the park early. Even then the fastrack was valid 10-11am

Cant fault the hotel at all was nice, very small yet good. Food was good at fins except the as always very frozen burger buns