worst theme park experience

kinnaird

• 1 month later...

Ok, worst experiences thrmepark wise in 2014

1/ waiting 90 minutes for Valhalla because the ride kept breaking down and (what seemed like) thousands wanted to ride it too. (Was worth in the end though-just).

2/ getting stuck on Bubbleworks for 20 minutes (where we had to wait). Ironically my boat was the next one off the exit.

3/ Waiting for one train Colossus

4/ Legoland getting burger kitchens but not a haunted house

5/ Rita & Charlie existing

Being stuck on the lift hill of what was Swamp Thing at the time now Flying School at Legoland Florida. That bit was fun. But the ride is awful. I don't dislike rides but it's vile. Roughest, most headache inducing thing I've been on. I wanted compensation just for the ride being there let alone breaking down on it! Can't believe I willingly rode it again last year, must have wanted to give it a go. Unless you're a serious cred hunter, it is not worth the walk up the hill to where it sits by itself.

SwampThing04.jpg

Very happy to have Storm Surge at Thorpe instead of this being brought over here. Yes it's that bad.

I've really only had 2 bad experiences. I guess the handy thing with me is that when I go to theme parks with family, we take along my older brother so we get priority pass (SORRY EVERYONE)

But the couple times I've been with friends/just my dad, I've had 2 terrible experiences.

1.) April 2012. Swarm had just opened, and we decided to leave it until the end of the day to ride it. Got in the queue at 4 with a wait time of 40 minutes. Then they open up the extension. By the time we get to the station, 70 minutes pass. Then we get to the air gates, and the ride brakes down. For 20 minutes. And when they finally get it operating, they let the train stuck go and the train before us go, before shutting the ride for another half hour due to heavy rain. Not necessarily the parks fault but when you're expecting to queue for 40 mins (which is bad enough in many peoples perspective) queuing for 3 times that is just ludicrous and annoying

2.) 2011 I went to Thorpe with my dad just after my birthday. Nothing was busy except for saw, which was 90 mins (as far as I can remember) from the start of the day. My dad want's to ride it but I say I'm not gonna wait that long, so he goes and gets as fast pass. (SORRY AGAIN). We get to the very front of the fast pass queue before the stairs, and then we get an announcement 'Alexandra Burke has entered the ride. We hope to go back to normal operation soon.' 40 minutes. 40 Minutes we were stuck in the fast pass queue because this little c-list celebrity wants to ride the ride a couple times. She took along some of her friends, and they each got their own train. I mean the royal family choose to queue up with the normal people, but arrogant celebrities, WHO WERE MADE POPULAR BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC, QEUEING IN THE CATTLEPENS, can go up the disabled entrance and make everyones day suck quite a bit more. 

We did get to ride it, but then my dad had to harass the guest service lady before they gave us a refund. He was not happy.

^ Huh, that's odd!

I was at Fright Nights in 2010, and when we were queueing for Nemesis, Alexandra Burke was there too!

She must love it at Thorpe Park, but annoyingly for her everyone in the queue didn't like her back! 

She only delayed the ride for about 5-10 minutes, but it's still a little frustrating! Plus her music is awful </3

Yeah I went in July with a former member of TPM, and on to separate occasions, this American rapper called A$AP Rocky 

This dude...(with Skrillex in this photo)

asap-rocky-skrillex-wild-for-the-night-v

In fact here is a picture of him on swarm.

10533595_1392754167632539_1240688718_a.j

First time we saw him was in the disabled exit for Samurai in which he took up 2 rows with him and his entourage, luckily that time it didn't affect me because we were already on the ride, but he then affected us by going on Stealth as I was queueing for the 2nd row for the 2nd to last train of the day, which I needed to get so I didn't get back to the station to late (I'd already waited like 20 minutes at this point) and I was just about to get on he turned up just pushed into the front 4 rows without warning with thorpe park security, safe to say I was P***ed off big time luckily there was a space on that train at the back which I was aloud to go on, but it meant separating with my friends early and I get to say goodbye properly, which was annoying (although that was probably my fault seeing I probably could tell going on would make me a little late) but the point stands that Its bloody annoying when you get these celebs push in just because they are famous, so annoying, never heard that many grumbles from the queue line ever! Way to make your self popular with the people lol. 

Just worth pointing out that not all celebs are as bad as some mentioned here.

Admittedly, whilst some will not queue in the main queue lines, they'll try to be as low key as possible and try to not affect anyone else's day.  After all, some celebrities will want to be going there for a day out, and may well want as few people to know they were there as possible!

Agreed, I have seen celebs in parks before, where they have wanted to be low key, which is fine, I just dont like it when we get the few, whom have a god complex that need to push infront of everyone to make the gp's day a little more miserable, although the celebs I have seen whom have been low key have been fine, I saw Former radio 1 DJ Sara cox once there, she was there with her family and just queued like everyone else, which was good :)

I went to flamingo land in august it was a dreadful day everything on one train operation and an hour long que for all coasters aided by the q busters who just jumped in all the time. Cliffhanger was shut. Q'd 1 hour 20 mins for lost river ride which had no effects working. I got on 8 rides in our  stay from 10.30-6.30 and was in a Q for nearly all of that time running from ride to ride. smokers were everywhere including in the Q line. Hero broke down with us on it. The gift shop was rubbish with no decent merch. only positive was kumali which was handiling Q's fairly postively and lunch which was tasty. I was not happy with that day. Hero and lost river ride were terrible rides anyway so not worth the wait. I would advise everyone not to go to flamingoland!!!!  :angry:

I went to flamingo land in august it was a dreadful day everything on one train operation and an hour long que for all coasters aided by the q busters who just jumped in all the time. Cliffhanger was shut. Q'd 1 hour 20 mins for lost river ride which had no effects working. I got on 8 rides in our  stay from 10.30-6.30 and was in a Q for nearly all of that time running from ride to ride. smokers were everywhere including in the Q line. Hero broke down with us on it. The gift shop was rubbish with no decent merch. only positive was kumali which was handiling Q's fairly postively and lunch which was tasty. I was not happy with that day. Hero and lost river ride were terrible rides anyway so not worth the wait. I would advise everyone not to go to flamingoland!!!!  :angry:

Sounds just as bad as I have heard in other places then.  Won't be visiting anytime soon - if they can't be bothered to run the park properly, why should I bother to visit?

I reckon there should be a war between Flamingo Land and Oakwood for the UK's worst run park  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Worst ever theme park visit: Thorpe Park earlier this year, midway through the second week of the Easter holidays.

The day we FINALLY started to get some warm weather after months of rain and cold and EVERYONE seemed to have the same idea. Had I known about the heat wave I wouldn't have gone but of course I didn't bother checking the weather. My boyfriend and I have annual passes so this wouldn't have been a huge problem for us alone but we were with 2 friends who were paying on the day.

Didn't actually manage to get into the park until 11:30 despite arriving at about 10:10 due to my friends buying tickets. The queue to get in was insane! Busiest I have ever seen the park, busier than in the middle of summer, busier than fright night and that is seriously no exaggeration!

We managed SEVEN RIDES. All day. From 11:30 until six we did 7 rides- 3 were flats.

Initially when we went in we wated 35mjns for stealth running 2 trains- not too bad. Then we queued an hour for THE SWARM- it only goes downhill from here. 40mins for Detonator, 40 mins for VORTEX! VORTEX HAD A HUGE QUEUE! I felt like I was in hell xD

So then we go to get lunch but the queue for that took us around half an hour on it's own. due to my friend forgetting her purse and the fact we'd all had to scrape together money for her ticket earlier in the day we could afford 2 Burger King meals between the four of us. Our fault, but still added to the awfulness of the day. By the time we finished eating it had just gone 3. After milling about applying sun cream, we headed to our next ride.

I wasn't even going to attempt SAW's alleged 100min queue- I don't even like the ride very much and find queuing in that particular area unbearable. That queue moves so f-ing slowly, it's unbearable on a hot day and the cattlepen style irks me so much. Anyhow despite my protests to queue for Colossus and/ or nemesis we ended up waiting over 2 hours for SAW by the end of which we all wanted to kill each other. After that were gonna ditch the park and go home but thought 5 rides was kinda pathetic so at about 5:30pm, we headed to rumba rapids, then managed to hop into the nemesis queue at 5:55... All we did was complain the whole way home. Oh- and I got viciously sunburned thanks to not checking the weather. I was hungry, sunburned and disappointed xD

• 2 weeks later...

Just worth pointing out that not all celebs are as bad as some mentioned here.

Admittedly, whilst some will not queue in the main queue lines, they'll try to be as low key as possible and try to not affect anyone else's day.  After all, some celebrities will want to be going there for a day out, and may well want as few people to know they were there as possible!

I agree with the things about not all celebs being bad at theme parks. When sam callahan was at adventure island he queued up to get a wristband then he queued up with the rest of us on Rage and Claw which is decent because some x factor people can be really cocky :P

Thorpe Park Fright Nights on the 12th. Started fine during the day but then the drunks and 'chavs' came out... In multiple queue lines was there cutting, smoking and worse of all in MBV queue two drunk teens with there d***s out peeing in the queue cattle pen. We left the queue told the staff who did nothing and seemed to to care. Then we went to BWP where a big group of 10-15 year old 'chavs' cute massively in the line behind us to begin slapping us round the head in my group and other. This time we noted security and they was thrown our the park. (One less idiot in the park than the mmillion already there) there was multiple fights witnessed during the day and just a awful fright night experience. Broadditch and tulley much better imo