Feedback of the Site

Cringle

So here the deal - you've seen and used the site, but we wanna know what you think. At the end of the daym without you guys theres no telling how we can improve in the future.Basically we need to know what you think, give us idea, tell us what to do better, what we've done great and frankly telling us about all the little nooks and crannys we dont even know exist!Go nut. Oh but one thing - be helpful. 'tis crap' is about as helpful and a glass hammer and isnt really appreciated by the team. Constructive critique is the fashion. On that note, grubs up!

your new site great, better then the old one. I think maybe you could try and get a bit more audio, for example detonator only has the countdown. It's not the 2007 music, is it ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortuantly we are restricted to what audio we can upload, the uncrecoreded Detonator countdown has never been released, so its a bit of TPM exclusive!But since you have requested it we have now added a sample of the current Det music which cant be found any where else! Also added the new Detonator Raising, it's not the final edit but we should have that soon.http://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/?id=audio_track&ride=DetonatorEdit: okay sorted javascript problem, fast reply , emotions, etc all now work =]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just something that I've noticed today... some of the height restrictions are wrong.Rush is 1.3m , and to go into more detail, some of the height restrictions have stars after them, yet there is no explanation of what the star represents.With both Depth Charge and Rumba for example, their actual height restriction is 0.9m.... unless accompanied by an adult. And that's where the 1.1m restriction comes from.Maybe just a simple explanation would be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the day when TPM was not all flashy or stuffs, it was soo much better. Now its turned into some over the top site.In my opinion its just going down hill and its going to go further down. It dont have the updates as it used to or anything. Theres soo much potential but nothing is done about it. All it seems to be about on this site is audio, which is pointless. Make it like it used to be back a couple of years, it was soo much better.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn,I wouldn't say the site is over the top at all, it features all the content from years back, but with a few new additional features. The site isn't all about audio, it's just one of our features. Our main aim is to bring a useful and informative guide to Thorpe, which I believe we deliver. If you care to explain what is over the top about the whole thing, that would be great.Also, at this time, there isn't much to update, as we are limited to what Thorpe actually do, which is why we're expanding out to cover other parks. http://2009coaster.maniahub.com/?page=construction Additionally we have also started a 2009 construction diary. On top of that we also aim to bring something new to the site every friday, be that audio, video, guide improvements or what ever. http://tpmversion4.maniahub.com/ If errors are your thing, then you can always use the old Thorpe Park Mania, 'back then'.Hope this clears anything up.

This isn't about me taking a cheap shot at you or anything btw, it's a genuine feeling...not sure how to explain it but just generally comparing ATA and TPM overall, TPM doesn't quite measure up. Definately has the potential too, mind, and for a theme park website that I imagine makes little to no revenue to have survived so long is obviously an achievement in itself.As for the news front, I think at this stage of the season, any news is good news and so no matter how small it is, maybe it's good to get it posted anyway. Or perhaps a 'weekly round-up' style post once a week whilst the news is quiet.

Dann,We all have our personal opinions. If you'd like to point out why, perhaps we can try improve our current one for future updates to TPM. We believe the current TPM design serves its purpose of displaying our content in a clean, and easy to navigate way. Thanks.

Phill,The old site just graphically looked better and I found it alot easier to navigate, personal opinion would be to bring it back to that style, sure I'm not the only one that thinks it. Also, please try to avoid making every post look like it's some sort of formal letter, this is a casual forum.. talk to me like a member, not some sort of manager.ThanksJack Nicholas Dann

Gary,I don't think you're taking cheap shots! We may not 'be an ATA' but we do think we run up pretty well against other THORPE guides / sites out there. We do make some money out of TPM via donations and sponsorship from Attractiontix, but it goes straight back into the site (Hosting, Forum Updates).We would love to post more news, but not all of the team are too keen on the idea of smaller news, but it will be discussed. I also wanted to start a Thorpe Blog, for rumours, general Thorpe things, big or small, but again it's something the team are yet to agree fully on. I would talk to Marc about that.

Dann,I apologize for addressing you by your name. Since I'm speaking on behalf of TPM, I'm trying not to bring opinion into this, but I'm sorry my posts aren't casual enough for you.As designs go, hours go into the development of designs, to come up with the best possible style. However I will look at the old stylings, and see if anything could be included in future updates.