Feedback of the Site

Cringle

I honestly hate the new skin. Looks far too 'heavy' and just seems too computerised and not as if it was 'man-made'. It might just be because it is new, but it is just doesn't 'feel' good, and seems much more busier and complicated than before - there's so much more buzzing around, and it just looks too 'full'. I prefer the much more basic 'less is more' theology.

As much as it looks nice, that's all it seems to be; there to look nice. And I think the status thing is rather pointless as that's what Facebook is for (and most of us are friends with each other on FB, so it is kinda pointless. The whole forum layout is way too complicated, I can't click a button to 'view last post' in the topic, which is just annoying. And the reputation thing is a load of friggin' BS, I may be a complete tosser on this forum but it'll end in a reputation **** off, with people arguing over how much 'rep' they've got.At the end of the day, this is a forum for discussion, not a graphic design board with a few added random features that are in the end, superflous. TPM should be looking for better post quality instead of better graphic and functionality, and time is better spent pruning topics, posts and moderating current topics/posts.

As much as it looks nice, that's all it seems to be; there to look nice. And I think the status thing is rather pointless as that's what Facebook is for (and most of us are friends with each other on FB, so it is kinda pointless. The whole forum layout is way too complicated, I can't click a button to 'view last post' in the topic, which is just annoying. And the reputation thing is a load of friggin' BS, I may be a complete tosser on this forum but it'll end in a reputation **** off, with people arguing over how much 'rep' they've got.At the end of the day, this is a forum for discussion, not a graphic design board with a few added random features that are in the end, superflous. TPM should be looking for better post quality instead of better graphic and functionality, and time is better spent pruning topics, posts and moderating current topics/posts.

I totally agree with Outfit.I have never tried avoiding TPM on my laptop until now! :)Also, when it tells you when the last post was. Why bright blue? You cant even see it unless you highlight it with your mouse!Everything Outfit said is 100% true. This is for DISCUSSION not looks!

As much as it looks nice, that's all it seems to be; there to look nice. And I think the status thing is rather pointless as that's what Facebook is for (and most of us are friends with each other on FB, so it is kinda pointless.

Its just an additional feature of Invision 3, we are yet to go over the admin pannel fully to enable/disable what we feel we would like to keep on.

The whole forum layout is way too complicated, I can't click a button to 'view last post' in the topic, which is just annoying.

As said, many times the forum skin is not completed yet. Functionality should work exactly the same as it did in the past forum, by the button to view the last post in the topic do you not mean

http://forum.maniahub.com/public/style_images/clean/new_post.png

? If so it may take the board a while to catch up with what you have / have not read but I can assure you it works in exactly the same way as before.

And the reputation thing is a load of friggin' BS, I may be a complete tosser on this forum but it'll end in a reputation **** off, with people arguing over how much 'rep' they've got.

Again as above, its an additional feature, and something we have looked to implement before on the older board. The feature is moderated and also limited, users have a limited number of votes per day. We will look at how its going in a couple of weeks before we decide if it has a use here or not.

At the end of the day, this is a forum for discussion, not a graphic design board with a few added random features that are in the end, superflous. TPM should be looking for better post quality instead of better graphic and functionality, and time is better spent pruning topics, posts and moderating current topics/posts.

And newer forum software makes this easier to do, the new software offers many advantages in moderation, particularly regarding the reported post option which many users use.

Also, when it tells you when the last post was. Why bright blue? You cant even see it unless you highlight it with your mouse!

Again, the skin is NOT 100% finished. If you could help us out abit by stating where the bug is, perhaps a screenshot that would be great.

Everything Outfit said is 100% true. This is for DISCUSSION not looks!

If you dont want things to look pretty simply scroll down, select IP.Board Lo-Fi from the drop down of skin selections. =]

Thanks for the post about it Marc, but the only really annoying thing is that people I know will vote me down because I am very vocal about some of the post quality on here, and regardless of weather or not I am in the right or wrong, they will still vote me down etc, regardless of wether I write a lot of incredibly well informed posts on here, and if it gets to a point were people don't see this, I just won't post it. It's a forum, not a popularity contest!Thanks though for the quick reply Marc :)

Its just an additional feature of Invision 3, we are yet to go over the admin pannel fully to enable/disable what we feel we would like to keep on.As said, many times the forum skin is not completed yet. Functionality should work exactly the same as it did in the past forum, by the button to view the last post in the topic do you not mean

http://forum.maniahub.com/public/style_images/clean/new_post.png

? If so it may take the board a while to catch up with what you have / have not read but I can assure you it works in exactly the same way as before.Again as above, its an additional feature, and something we have looked to implement before on the older board. The feature is moderated and also limited, users have a limited number of votes per day. We will look at how its going in a couple of weeks before we decide if it has a use here or not.And newer forum software makes this easier to do, the new software offers many advantages in moderation, particularly regarding the reported post option which many users use. Again, the skin is NOT 100% finished. If you could help us out abit by stating where the bug is, perhaps a screenshot that would be great. If you dont want things to look pretty simply scroll down, select IP.Board Lo-Fi from the drop down of skin selections. =]
I'm not sure if I like this yet.For starters, what's with multiple emails?. I thought you only got 1 email per reply. So, for example if someone responded to Feedback you would get an email notification, but to get another one you'd have to log in. I had at least 5 emails all concerning the same topic.I don't like the way the posts are displayed anymore. Where you used to be able to see the warning system, the location, the day they joined... the only way to do that now is view the profile.I've yet to explore the other changes to the forum, but I will reply back here later.

Well hopefully the way the system works, one or two people who dont take it seriously wont be able to affect your overall voting. But as I said, we will only really know this after a couple of weeks of useIf anyone has any errors with the skin (things not looking quite right) could I ask you please provide a screen shot, Heres how! and upload it to http://imageshack.us/. Also let us know what Operating System and Browser you are using, this gives us the best chance of getting things fixed =]

Thanks for the post about it Marc, but the only really annoying thing is that people I know will vote me down because I am very vocal about some of the post quality on here, and regardless of weather or not I am in the right or wrong, they will still vote me down etc, regardless of wether I write a lot of incredibly well informed posts on here, and if it gets to a point were people don't see this, I just won't post it. It's a forum, not a popularity contest!Thanks though for the quick reply Marc :)

Voting people down won't matter, it's not as if anything will come off it. In fact, I hope everyone votes me down so I can become the most unpopular poster on TPM! :D

I come on here to enjoy the forums, and talk about the theme parks. I don't want to see people bitching and complaining at the Admin just because they don't like a new forum skin. You don't get anywhere if you don't try things out. I'm sorry people but I feel that it needed to be said. Please, I just want to get on with life as normal on the forum and to hear no more bitching about the new skin. If you don't like it then just look at the suggestions that the admin give. Please, no more bitching...

Jebus!I thought it was old people who were supposed to be resistant to change. *shakes head*Okay so I am getting used to the new forum, and was shocked at the change. That said, it's fresh, new and interesting. I am sure that more important things like security etc, are much better and, once we get used to it, it will be a much better interface.Only tiny gripe I have at the moment is not being able to click on the last post in a topic ... you know the little square bit next to the posters name... I just get the profile pop up ... Meh!Knowing the work that goes into upgrading a forum, I appreciate the amount of work these guys have put in to improve our experience. So thank you very much for the upgrade guys, at least I appreciate it :DOh, and you still haven't enabled signatures :)

• 2 months later...

Hi all,We have just launched a small new feature in the way of Windows 7 Packs.http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/page/wallpapersFor those of you lucky enough to be running the worlds most advance operating system :P! You can simply download this theme pack, open the file and your PC will be transformed!Feedback welcome, we will look in to create some more of these, possibly with sounds from around the park..CheersMarc

Hi all,We have just launched a small new feature in the way of Windows 7 Packs.http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/page/wallpapersFor those of you lucky enough to be running the worlds most advance operating system :P! You can simply download this theme pack, open the file and your PC will be transformed!Feedback welcome, we will look in to create some more of these, possibly with sounds from around the park..CheersMarc

OI!! I'm a PC and Windows 7 was MY idea! :P(Sorry, that had to be said sooner or later) :P