Cedar Fair put seatbelts on their B&M Hypers

EC!

10246415_785684368116144_106171099109423

10249711_305269039620806_703599157275005

So I have looked around the interwebs and it looks like Cedar Fair have been installing seat belts on their B&M hypers like Behemoth and Diamondback. I wonder what you guys think about this and do you think that we could see seatbelts on the likes of Silver Star and Shambhala in the future?

Seatbelts add a lot more to loading times than you might think - Europa Park requested that Wodan should not have seatbelts for this exact reason.

In addition to the inevitable faff, problems will arise from people forgetting to do the seatbelt before closing the restraint as it won't be possible to do it afterwards and the restraints would have to be re-opened. If they feel it's not possible for staff to adequately check the seatbelts once the restraints are closed they may even have to use the same system as on Expedition Ge Force which involves checking all the seatbelts before locking the lapbars. This two-stage process is extremely slow as the entire train has to be checked twice.

I can't see Silver Star getting seatbelts unless B&M make it mandatory - Europa Park simply wouldn't stand for such a strict H&S policy. Hopefully it's just a Cedar Fair thing - this is the same chain that added belts to a Vekoma Jr coaster, but only made them big enough for 2 kids or 1 (small) adult, resulting in loads of kids getting turned away as their accompanying adult couldn't close the belt.

• 1 month later...

Rode Leviathon on Sunday at Toronto's Wonderland (four times on my own), without belts at the moment. Later in the day throughput was in excess of 1400 per hour, great ride ops. and a fantastic ride with loads of airtime. Managed to keep the restraint fairly loose which would still need my legs to be broken in three places to get me out of the seat (no offers please).