Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I know it isn't returning, but hasn't the maze itself been completely gutted anyway? I am sure it was used as that showcase, Brainiac show earlier this year and from the pictures, the interior is now just a hollowed out shell. (I will have to check that)

Yes it has, but they could easily put the maze back up if they wanted to.

Well as the Asylum is going, I'd expect another place to take it's place but I don't think this is the case this year. A sign has been put up and if you look at the bottom, you can only see the 4 mazes. My bloody valentine, The Blair witch project, Cabin in the woods and Saw. 

dac195b6ef3cda5a91d344fb19950a82.png 

(Photo from - http://instagram.com/p/qCpg5GF1Gc/?modal=true)

Maybe we will see another maze, and they are not revealing it yet but as this sign has been put up it's making it seem very unlikely.

Could be they want to use the old Asylum location as a Halloween attraction aimed for families as apposed to a scare maze? I would be surprised if it isn't used for something.

It will be tricky to tell who they are aiming the event for. Judging by the use of movies involved, I would say they aren't looking at families whatsoever.

I'd stay open minded. Just because 'The Asylum' is gone, doesn't mean it can't be tweaked with a new 'story' and name, to be basically the same maze. It's pretty easy to put some actors pushing mesh with flashing lights and a guy with a chainsaw into a maze concept..

I'm interested to see what they'll do with TBWP. One thing you can't fault Thorpe on, is that In the past Thorpe have generally been very receptive to negative feedback, so I'm certain they won't leave it as it is.

Let's hope so anyway ;)

I think it a shame though that CCR never returned as a ghost train as planned, think that would of been really good. I'm glad that they spent that money on Slammer though :D 

• 2 weeks later...

The Job Opening for Fright Night Actors went live a few days ago and it appears that we will not be seeing a replacement for The Asylum. 

Here is the description for the job, which lists the mazes we will see returning this year

About the role

From subjecting our guests to total torture in SAW Alive, to bringing them face to face with their worst nightmares in Cabin in The Woods or making them run scared from My Bloody Valentine or The Blair Witch Project, this is truly a role not for the faint hearted.

Contracts for this role are due to begin in September for rehearsals with Fright Nights running on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 7th October and then full time over half term from 24th October – 2nd November, so you’ll need to be available for all of these dates.

Please note that if successful in your application auditions will be held throughout August and September.

They normally do mention about new attractions in the job description (2012 it read something like '*list of mazes* or in our terrifying new attraction for 2012'; 2013 it was 'Scare customers in one of our new mazes').  However, not mentioning new attractions there is no indication as to whether or not there will be a new one; this just leaves things open.

Remember, for the past 3 FNs, there's been roaming actors, and they've never been mentioned on the job description.

I will be very disappointed if they remove my favourite maze and don't even replace it!  :angry:

From what I heard they are definitely replacing the maze with something else. I heard from workers I know there at thorpe it is getting replaced, so I have every faith that they aren't leaving that space to waste.

From what I heard they are definitely replacing the maze with something else. I heard from workers I know there at thorpe it is getting replaced, so I have every faith that they aren't leaving that space to waste.

I can't say I've heard this, but as we pretty much know Lionsgate is bringing it back this year, with the same IP mazes and more roaming actors than ever (apparently). And The Director shall be back (which I'm not happy about, his voice worked for me, it goes through me) :'(

It would be great if they used this video/audio around the park at Thorpe Park Fright Nights...it would really suit the park nicely...I bet if it was Lionsgate they really would with the new film out...but I don't think it is...But it really would work well with the Entrance Screens and Queueline screens, plus the sirens...it would be fantastic as part of a Terror Zone or Horror Maze!!!