Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Annoyingly The Purge is a film from Universal, not Lionsgate.

Although I hate Ethan Hawke, and think the film is terribly written, I think the idea behind the films has great potential and it would suit the park really well! I know Universal's HHR already did The Purge a while back and it looked quite fun!

I still feel like the Blair Witch Project idea could be great at the park. I always thought it would be great if you got on a rickety, old railway (CCR) into the forest, and it "breaks down" in the middle of nowhere, and you would then leave the site of the break down and have to make you're own way back through the woods that stand haunted by the Blair Witch.

^I suppose, may be something simple like that. But surely they'd reduce the width of the gallery/increase the width of the images/add an image of the Fright Night logo?

I cannot see Thorpe removing a fan favourite and leaving the building vacant, leaves no surprises this year as they've already revealed the return of the IP mazes. Every year there has been something new and to leave such a good space for a maze vacant... They just wouldn't do it. I am sure there will be another scare attraction, no doubt. There will be a surprise

Lets just clear a few things up, The Asylum wasn't even meant to allegedly exist last year with no replacement; so while people would like to see a new maze, and rumours say a new maze, Thorpe are almost being too quiet to suggest such a thing. I mean surely there'd be some kind of hint with the branding even without naming it?

Asylum wasn't exactly 'well placed' - when you consider it's makeshift queue lines just spread all over the pathway creating a fair reduction to the pathway width, as well as obviously clearing space for its exit run-off; in comparison to the mazes over the years being in the Arena, X pyramid, etc. etc. so in retrospective terms it was actually quite badly located.

With regards to the building being developed for a new attraction, well, yeah it's possible but the building also holds Fastrack sales and Inferno's shop with Asylum crammed around the back of it, so it's not likely; and even if it is for future development, its not looking likely to be for 2015.

Lets just clear a few things up, The Asylum wasn't even meant to allegedly exist last year with no replacement; so while people would like to see a new maze, and rumours say a new maze, Thorpe are almost being too quiet to suggest such a thing. I mean surely there'd be some kind of hint with the branding even without naming it?

Asylum wasn't exactly 'well placed' - when you consider it's makeshift queue lines just spread all over the pathway creating a fair reduction to the pathway width, as well as obviously clearing space for its exit run-off; in comparison to the mazes over the years being in the Arena, X pyramid, etc. etc. so in retrospective terms it was actually quite badly located.

With regards to the building being developed for a new attraction, well, yeah it's possible but the building also holds Fastrack sales and Inferno's shop with Asylum crammed around the back of it, so it's not likely; and even if it is for future development, its not looking likely to be for 2015.

Blair Witch's makeshift queue gave it a fair run for being dreadfully located... Then again most halloween attractions worldwide tend to have such poor queues because of the temporary nature...

Thorpe would be daft not to include a replacement for Asylum assuming it's gone... Just because they are being stum on the matter means nothing as to whether a replacement is due or not... Indeed, they're not wanting for potential themes to it with the Lionsgate partnership...

Case of wait and see really... They'll probably start pushing the promotion hard soon enough, and a new maze theme will help push that promotion in itself... We've only just started the real summer season after all...

Why did they not keep the Fungle Safari Queue as part of the Asylum queue like they did a few years ago?

I agree it is rather quiet about a New Maze or a returning maze...in all honesty they may bring it back as the original Freezer...just to stop those pedantic...I mean...loving individuals that like to moan about the Asylum's intentions! 

The Asylum must be one of the cheapest mazes to run, because there is little upkeep needed apart from fences, Strobes and Smoke, in comparison to the likes of Cabin or Valentine??

Considering Thorpe essentially lost a maze last season (same amount of attractions as in 2012, but since Blair Witch was classed as a scare zone, one less maze), I personally think Thorpe would be mad to take away Asylum and not replace it with something else.  

I don't particularly think that Asylum's queue (after the fencing of the Fungle spot occurred) is that terrible.  It just means people have to walk around the Carousel, which is no big deal in my eyes.  Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, and it looks terrible, but it doesn't do any harm.  

EDIT:

Why did they not keep the Fungle Safari Queue as part of the Asylum queue like they did a few years ago?

I agree it is rather quiet about a New Maze or a returning maze...in all honesty they may bring it back as the original Freezer...just to stop those pedantic...I mean...loving individuals that like to moan about the Asylum's intentions! 

They stopped using the Fungle queue because the area was fenced off for cosmetic reasons (season-round, the fence looks a bit better than the random, deserted ride).

I doubt they'd bring Freezer back, simply because they've got the Lionsgate deal; seems rather pointless having the partnership and not making full use of it!  If they can get the right IP, they could very easily keep Asylum the same anyways.

Edited by JoshC.

I agree with JoshC. Surely they realise that 1 scare zone and 3 mazes is just too little, and not using the building for a new IP is just a waste?

Last year, the first reveal came August 16th/17th. NOTHING was hinted before that and it was only due to the job applications that people knew a new maze was coming. So, to keep it a surprise, they just haven't put that in the job description as it is unnecessary for the actors to know the mazes until they get a place. As I said, check scaretours, every year there has been something new. You really think the Asylum will be removed with no replacement? (Texas Chainsaw seems a nice idea)

Safe to say that the Asylum is gone too :( Floor has gone and mirrors have been removed.

https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkCollective/photos/pb.202255296552249.-2207520000.1407405832./532810150163427/?type=3&theater

Doesn't mean that at all, the interior just bolts together and is easily replaced.

I expect to see the name gone this year, but the maze, in essence, to remain.

I don't see why people are worrying about the possibility of losing a maze just yet. Universal have only recently begun announcing their mazes and that event is massive and starts two/three weeks earlier than Fright Nights. We're only just entering the busy summer season (as these past 2 weeks are supposedly quiet), once we're into the height of the Summer holidays I'm sure we'll start seeing more marketing heavily aimed towards Fright Nights, and that's when we'll know. After all, why do they have to mention all the mazes they have on the job description? Maybe they've got a few plans and it hasn't all been fully agreed. The website uses "including" when listing the 4 known mazes. Okay that doesn't guarantee we'll see other stuff but it does imply others may happen. 

I dont see why they have to close a maze down and possibly lose money just because one person has created a hoo-haa saying that it is putting a bad name on those with mental illnesses. No-one will come out of the maze and go " I now think that all people that have mental health issues are complete and utter maniacs." I certainly wouldn't. In the end, it is a maze made for people who want a scare and I suppose that many other horror mazes around the world will have a similar theme.

I dont see why they have to close a maze down and possibly lose money just because one person has created a hoo-haa saying that it is putting a bad name on those with mental illnesses..

It's closure had nothing to do with the bad press. It was decided in the early summer last year that it was to be Asylum's last year, it's just coincidental that it looks like it's not returning because of the PR it caused. The closure is in no way linked to all the complaints it got.

It's closure had nothing to do with the bad press. It was decided in the early summer last year that it was to be Asylum's last year, it's just coincidental that it looks like it's not returning because of the PR it caused. The closure is in no way linked to all the complaints it got.

Oh erm.. *goes very red* sorry. :blush:

Unfortunately if it was to return the same with a different name, I'm sure they would receive more abuse from enthusiasts and the general public. Probably something along the lines of "Thorpe park are being cheap again, they cant even be bothered to make a new maze its the same as before" 

That being said, I think it would be a shame to loose Asylum, but hey, worse things have happened and fright nights need to move forwards eventually...

I remember this all from when Freezer turned into asylum in the first place, fair amount of annoyed people.

My ideal would be to have the freezer back, far more intense maze, but terrible throughput.