Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Looks like a new maze is definitely on the cards:

http://www.prweek.com/article/1307467/thorpe-park-hires-prettygreen-fright-night-sessions (Loving that MBV photo as well :lol: )

Here's the company Thorpe are working with - http://www.itsprettygreen.com/ .  They seem pretty good; looking forward to seeing how they go about with the PR!

This is brilliant news. I am really looking forward to the event this year.

I found the mazes last year amazing especially as it was my first ever time at fright night. However, I hope thorpe focus on a couple of things. All the mazes last year were brilliant(except Blair witch which I hope they can improve for this year!) and I hope they keep this high standard inside the mazes. However, I would like to see a few more roaming actors about as there were only ever a couple out and about. Also it would be nice to see more theming around the park and in maze queuelines. The maze queue lines were simply cattle pens and it would be nice if there could be some sorts of Halloween decorations or themeing inside them to make them look more exciting.

I am also hoping that Blair witch has an increased throughput and proper queueline this year as last year it was a mess with the queue backing all the way down to samurai blocking up the pathway!

I am really looking forward to the event this year and am excited to see what thorpe have in store for us.

Universal dont change their kids area during their event... Granted its not in the middle of the park but even so...

Thorpe wont change anything, at most will just tell any roaming actors not to go in there... Though from what I saw last year kids don't give two damns about scare actors...

Universal generally use Kidzone as the entrance to two maze locations, so generally there is a Halloween presence in the area, in fact I believe one of the mazes uses the Barney show queueline for it's own queue.

I personally can't see there being any difference than previous years with Angry Birds Land, in recent years there hasn't been anything changed in that area other than the audio played.

^Would actually love to hear that played in the area during Fright Nights!

They probably won't change anything.  If they go for park-wide theming, I guess we could see some small bits adding to the area.  Given that Fright Nights is aimed towards the older audience, there's no need to do anything to ABL really, as the majority of people going for Fright Nights will be less interested in it.

Roaming actors will probably be told to not focus on younger children I expect.  

forgot to mension, at the big easter event, me and a friend were talking to staff about fright nights outside  braniac:live. A couple of them who were involved in FN said there would be an archieves of all the mazes that have shut e.g. experiment 10, hellgate, freeser... It is not a maze but will be included. she said they hadnt confirmed where this would be.

They might change Angry Birds Land's music as they changed the music on the carousel last year.

LOL carousel music. How I remember being stood outside The Asylum with that playing in the background every 2 minutes!

"This is Halloween! This is Halloween! HALLOWEEN! HALLOWEEN! (Halloween! Halloween!)" :lol:

Well that's ONE way to please the Tim Burton fans! ;)

I didn't like the music used across most of the park last year. Was too generic and all rides had the same annoying announcements "prepare to deliver an Oscar winning performance, lights, camera, action!" and "you've survived this appearance on set" So annoying and too much focus on "film" rather than "horror" in my opinion! Much preferred the midnight syndicate music where every ride had a different track.