Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

When I went to summer nights, there was a queue for the bus at about 10:20 when I was leaving and a saw a bus just leaving the station. So they definately should be running after park closing for at least 30mins on fright night :)

I didn't think the buses ran on summer nights? At least that's what thorpe are telling people anyway?

But it's not so good when they tell you they'll be every 10 minutes and you make your whole journey rely on that. 

The bus service for extra events is far too relaxed. Last night they only had one bus going for summer nights, and he'd take 20 minutes between each circuit. I ended up missing my first train, my second train, and had to take a third train home last night because the buses were late. I left it so I still had 10 minutes or so at the station, but as we pulled in the train left.

Nonetheless, this is not moan about the bus thread, this is the fright nights thread!

I was almost offended they used an anime's theme tune on the carousel last year. I used to watch halloween all the time, but then again I'm just stoopid so meh.

Just saying, I reckons there'll be another lionsgate maze in place for asylum (unless thats already been said...?)

The bus service is always too relaxed as far as I'm aware. Whenever going on the bus in the mornings, we always have to wait for 30-45mins for the bus to fill despite the fact that it is meant to leave every 15-20mins. On the way home, they leave relatively quickly on a normal park day, however the bus travels slowly and twice I have got to the train station just as the train is leaving the platform. I think the efficiency and the frequency of the buses needs to be improved seeing as they charge almost £4 for 2ways.

I just remembered last year when me and some mates stayed at the Crash Pad on the 26th, we madesure we were last in line for Asylum because we wanted to be part of the last run, and in doing so we missed dinner as all the outlets shut at 10, so we were in the dome thinking of what we could eat, and we remembered the vending machine - the one downstairs by the lockers. I let my friends get their chocolate (yes, this was dinner) and I went to the toilet which is right next to the machine, I was unwinding from a long first day, and baring in mind it was gone 12am I almost screamed and ran outside naked when the Saw sound effects blazed over those massive speakers they have, it was SO loud and it was loads of chainsaws and screaming! Was so scared, had to share because looking back made me laugh. Oh - and we went for a wonder around the park at 2am, they don't switch anything off! Audio effects, lights, nothing, creepy stuff

Anyway, I noticed on TowersTimes someone got an email off Thorpe that confirmed Asylum is gone (this might be old news to you), and there was no replacement maze stated, hopefully they have something up their sleeves

Also I'd love Thorpe to try 'extreme mazes' from 9-10

How much money do you think we are talking? I won't buy it though as I will visit a couple of times and I don't need the fastrack or the car parking just the entry. I doubt I will buy it but would be interesting to see the price.

I'm not happy about the fastrack, the ratios were ridiculous anyway and this will make them even worse!

Nice idea - hope people take them up on it!  

As for price; I'd expect an extra £20-£30 for a bolt on (at a maximum).  Given that it's saving guests £10 per visit (£5 for the visit, £5 for the car parking), and they're getting a Fastrack package worth about £15-£20, Thorpe will probably want to entice people to buy it to visit more.

As for Fastracks at Fright Nights, whilst I only visited once, I thought that the Fastrack queues were rather short during the night, so actually had little affect on the main queues (since there were times when the Fastrack queue was none-existence.  Then again, maybe I visited on a quiet-ish night.  Much better than 2012 at least!

To be honest I'm hoping people don't buy them!

I went in the busiest week last year and we were about at the 10min to front point in saw alive and waited 45-60mins because of a 4:1 fastrack ratio! Once the fastrack queue is there staff don't stop sending them through and more fastrackers keep coming! It was ridiculous! I hope they sort this out or I will be having harsh words on my behalf.

Saying that I'm trying to visit when it's empty anyway, I am going on the preview night and the first two weekends to give minimal queues possible.