Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Just in-case people haven't seen it in the Questions To Thorpe Park Topic, the Horror Pass will be priced at £50 as a bolt on for passholders and is available from the end of this week. Thoughts on the pricing?

Very expensive!  I can't really see many people taking them up on the offer to be honest, considering that they have already paid £100+ for an annual pass.

I reckon there maybe a deep story line in the queue line and it would be cool if you entered the large doors first and the scares where mostly Psychological so just creepy sound effects and scares not only done by actors but other things as well like lighting,illusions.

So £50 for a separate pass lets say the average pass holder would go 3 times but you do get better value for money (Free Parking,Fast Track) but that is 16 days so if you where to go all 16 dates  if my  maths serves me correctly that would be £160 on the day price with the Horror Pass £50 your saving £110 so in fact it's cheaper.

Just in-case people haven't seen it in the Questions To Thorpe Park Topic, the Horror Pass will be priced at £50 as a bolt on for passholders and is available from the end of this week. Thoughts on the pricing?

As for the new maze, I think it sounds like it could be brilliant, nice to see an original/non-IP maze IMO

Can visit for all 16 nights and you get a (from wording, it was singular) Fastrack package...

Not great value unless you visit at least half the amount of days the event is actually on...  Defo not worthwhile for a Premium holder since the only real benefit is the Fastrack...

Just to let you all know, the preview night tickets have not been officially released yet I just managed to find the page, so don't start spreading it on public pages like facebook until thorpe officially has. Gives all of us TPM members a chance to book before the tickets go like crazy :)

This is a ridiculous price, bordering on a rip off. I wonder how much it will be for non-pass holders to buy it outright. I think thorpe are really losing their minds here. Bearing in mind most people are going to pay the £5 fee for fright nights, you have to visit at least 5 times for it to become even close to worth it. Also, your friend WONT have fastrack meaning the fastrack is utterly useless unless your friend(s) buy it or you go on alone. Think this is utterly ridiculous because the fastrack becomes virtually worthless unless you plan to go with another horror pass holder or by yourself. And I don't know either who would visit fright nights 5 times, and with the fastrack then becoming worthless you would have to visit around 10times for it to actually become a decent price.

If it is only £60 or so for the GP I will be so angry, now that it is SO expensive I am expecting it to be at least £100 for a member of the GP or I will be absolutely outraged with thorpe.

Bare in mind the Fastrack package is now worth £25. So, with the free parking, you've got your value in 2 visits.

Certainly more expensive than I was expecting, but I can see the with behind it. Not sure how many will take them up on it though..

What's the betting that the package is for one visit and one go on all the mazes?

That package will probably be the decider for MAP holders, especially Premium, since that's the only available benefit...

What's the betting that the package is for one visit and one go on all the mazes?

That package will probably be the decider for MAP holders, especially Premium, since that's the only available benefit...

Well yes, the idea I think is you get one Fastrack package. Just like the Premium MAP gives you one £5 off voucher for Fastrack at the parks.

The Horror Pass isn't meant to appeal to Premium holders since they get free every anyway (just have to prebook. This is primarily sinned at Standard MAP and Thorpe Park AP holders.

I'm sorry can I just ask this. Who is fastracking by themselves here? You get ONE fastrack package for yourself, you HAVE to go with another horror pass holder (who hasn't used their fastrack) or your friends have to buy fastrack in order for you to use it(unless you are going in by yourself). Both of these are really unlikely(not necessarily on TPM but for the GP who are buying horror passes) so you are going to end up having to go in on your own to the mazes which isn't particularly fun...

Also, even if the fastrack is worth £25, you still have to visit 6 times for it to be worth it considering it is £5 a visit with an AP(not taking into account free parking as not everyone drives to thorpe). I don't see many people realistically going to thorpe 6 times in a time period of a few weeks. Seems really unlikely to me, not sure who would want to buy this pass to be honest.

I'm sorry can I just ask this. Who is fastracking by themselves here? You get ONE fastrack package for yourself, you HAVE to go with another horror pass holder (who hasn't used their fastrack) or your friends have to buy fastrack in order for you to use it(unless you are going in by yourself). Both of these are really unlikely(not necessarily on TPM but for the GP who are buying horror passes) so you are going to end up having to go in on your own to the mazes which isn't particularly fun...

Also, even if the fastrack is worth £25, you still have to visit 6 times for it to be worth it considering it is £5 a visit with an AP(not taking into account free parking as not everyone drives to thorpe). I don't see many people realistically going to thorpe 6 times in a time period of a few weeks. Seems really unlikely to me, not sure who would want to buy this pass to be honest.

Surely if you was going to buy one you would arrange the same with a group of friends so you all had one :S?

It depends how you plan your visits, as has been said, the park have given you ample time to book your ticket at £5 in advance, this helps the park get an idea of how many people will be visiting which I expect is a great help to them, with the fastback being worth £25 you only actually have to have 3 spur of the moment trips to make this worth it.

If your someone who plans trips in advance then its worth paying the fiver now and the bolt on isn't worth it. Just because its not value for money for you don't mean it isn't for a wider audience! 

Hi guys, had to create a new account as having problems getting my password reset for my old account! I am EmmainEssex or Emmaxr2i (I can't even remember!!).

I've bought my ticket for Sat 11 Oct - as my Premium pass runs out on 24 September and seeing as I'm only making 1 visit to fright nights this year I didn't see the point in renewing for one evening and then lose 5 months with the park being shut...  so going to renew in Jan 15. 

Anyway - I can't see any details about purchasing Brave it Alone tickets - will these come out nearer the time and can anyone that went last year remember the price and how it worked - was it 10pm to 11pm after the park had shut to the public?  Really want to do it this year as I wigged out last year and didn't know much about it! haha!

Can't wait to see the new maze! Hope you guys are all good x

Could anyone confirm maze opening times this year? The thorpe break website says this but the premium holders booking link says differently?

Thorpe breaks: THORPE PARK Resort rides are open from 10am. Fright Nights’ mazes open from 4pm (TBC). Our rides are open until 10pm, to ride in the dark. (subject to availability)

Premium holders booking link: Cabin in the Woods, My Bloody Valentine and SAW ALIVE are open from 3pm.

The Blair Witch Project is open from 7pm.

Can anyone specify which one is correct? If possible of course! :)

It's pretty much the same problem as the Premium MAP.  You get £5 vouchers for Fastrack packages (that you can only use once).  Unless other people have Premium passes or simply buy Fastrack it doesn't work out too well.  Similar with the VIP Pass, which gives the passholder only unlimited Fastrack .  It's not forcing people to go in the mazes alone; simply just gives them the option to use Fastrack.

What you're forgetting when considering the price is that it no longer is £5 to visit with a Standard MAP.  The price is now £10; £5 is simply an early bird price - a special offer if you will.  So, assuming you use the car park and the Fastrack package, you get your money's worth in two visits (since each visit would cost you £15 for parking and entry and the Fastrack package is £25 - that's £55 of value already).  There will definitely be people, TPM members or not, who visit at least twice, so I think the cost is justified.  As I've said before, I'm unsure how many people will take them up on the offer, but it's a nice offering.  

Hi guys, had to create a new account as having problems getting my password reset for my old account! I am EmmainEssex or Emmaxr2i (I can't even remember!!).

Anyway - I can't see any details about purchasing Brave it Alone tickets - will these come out nearer the time and can anyone that went last year remember the price and how it worked - was it 10pm to 11pm after the park had shut to the public?  Really want to do it this year as I wigged out last year and didn't know much about it! haha!

Face it Alone wasn't revealed until a couple of weeks before Fright Nights started.  Last year, tickets were £15 per person per maze, and you would head to the Calypso BBQ just before 10pm (park close), where the experience begins.  Prices for this year haven't been announced yet, so just keep an out eye really!

Could anyone confirm maze opening times this year? The thorpe break website says this but the premium holders booking link says differently?

Thorpe breaks: THORPE PARK Resort rides are open from 10am. Fright Nights’ mazes open from 4pm (TBC). Our rides are open until 10pm, to ride in the dark. (subject to availability)

Premium holders booking link: Cabin in the Woods, My Bloody Valentine and SAW ALIVE are open from 3pm.

The Blair Witch Project is open from 7pm.

Can anyone specify which one is correct? If possible of course! :)

Looks like there's no official confirmation yet either way; could be 3pm, could be 4pm.  It's almost always been 6 hours of maze time at every FN (except last season), so I'm more expecting 4pm.  I guess it's a case of wait and see!