Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Ended up not posting a photo of the tent / canopy thing that DGC mentioned last night since I was on my phone, but here's a photo for anyone interested:

10639726_10204794545046507_5003335600707

Who I spoke to on Tuesday was under the impression that it was just for a private event and that MBV would be put up as soon as it was taken down.  So very interesting development.

I wonder if MBV is staying in shipping containers or is being completely redone? :o

If My Bloody Valentine ends up being in the white tent then I hope they reuse the containers, but with gaps between them for additional scenes to make it much longer.  It might not be in the tent, but I can't think of where else the containers would fit around that area in the same formation.

Exciting times!

In other news, the VIP maze tour seems to have been changed so that it is now only one maze for £20, as opposed to all four which I'm sure it said last time I looked.  :(

My Bloody Valentine is the worst Scare Attraction I've ever done, the only way they can improve it is by scrapping it and starting again.

My experience in MBV was odd...

The queueing experience was horrendous as staff were letting more Fastrack guests in than regular queueing guests. So to be honest, our time in the maze just felt like more of a relief than an exciting journey.

But then once we got inside things were actually... Alright? The actor in the first room did a good job, however we were then told to run through the first half of the maze? There weren't any tunnels, we were just running through (well themed) corridors until we were stopped for another scene. Did you guys have to run through this part? I'm wondering because most of the maze seemed to have passed after this, and it felt like it was a move made by the actors to increase the throughput?

We weren't split up or anything, although I don't actually know if we were supposed to, like in Experiment 10. The claustrophobia tunnel was interesting and different, and some of the sets were well themed, but it just felt like we were being rushed out, and not in a fun/scary way.

I totally see how being rushed would make sense given the story of MBV, but there was nobody chasing us through it, and it didn't feel like it either. We were just told to run! :P I'd do it again but I'm not sure what I thought about it. Studio 13 sounds like it could be fab and I hope the park pulls it off! Cabin in the Woods was actually pretty good when we went too!

But then once we got inside things were actually... Alright? The actor in the first room did a good job, however we were then told to run through the first half of the maze? There weren't any tunnels, we were just running through (well themed) corridors until we were stopped for another scene. Did you guys have to run through this part? I'm wondering because most of the maze seemed to have passed after this, and it felt like it was a move made by the actors to increase the throughput?

We weren't split up or anything, although I don't actually know if we were supposed to, like in Experiment 10. The claustrophobia tunnel was interesting and different, and some of the sets were well themed, but it just felt like we were being rushed out, and not in a fun/scary way.

I totally see how being rushed would make sense given the story of MBV, but there was nobody chasing us through it, and it didn't feel like it either. We were just told to run! :P I'd do it again but I'm not sure what I thought about it. Studio 13 sounds like it could be fab and I hope the park pulls it off! Cabin in the Woods was actually pretty good when we went too!

That definitely sounds like they were just trying to shift the queue (which won't work if they are batching more fastrack than normal anyway!) and it is a shame that they felt the need to compromise experience instead of operating the queue the way they should have been.

I am honestly so interested to see how on earth they're going to fit a scare attraction, plus queue line on THE SWARM island when it's already chalked full of elaborate pieces of theming and guests are always flurrying around everywhere cause its probably their most popular attraction what with it being the newest. Where do you think theyre gonna put it? any construction updates??

My experience in MBV was odd...

The queueing experience was horrendous as staff were letting more Fastrack guests in than regular queueing guests. So to be honest, our time in the maze just felt like more of a relief than an exciting journey.

That's an awful experience, I definitely had to go through a tunnel however there must be an alternative route for people who aren't able to use it. Such a shame as when you get a good run, I heard its a great maze. There is a lot of running and there were various actors and obstacles in the way on my go however the tunnel is what shocked me most. Getting shoved in and the fact actors were dangling their hands down was actually very scary, although I didn't find it a great maze overall and much preferred asylum and saw, I felt the pace of the maze was good and hope it can only been improved this year.

With regards to the island behind Swarm being a possibility for MBV, I guess it's possible for a temporary bridge to be set up between Swarm's island and that island. Work would have to start very soon to make it happen though. Alternatively, they could make guests walk behind Rumba to Treasure Island, which is already connected to that island. Would be a long old trek though! They'd also need a lot of fences to make sure everyone is safe.

The alternative would be having the maze in the Lake Side Marquee, which would likely involve the maze not being in shipping containers.

Either option is interesting and gives the park scope to make some major improvements to the maze.