Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I like the video - shows how the director is a bit insane and unstable.  Okay, maybe they should have made it a bit more subtle, and there was a bit of overkill on the added on effects, but I still think it works well.  

It might just be because I'm getting really old but The Director seems like a young lad.

I agree!  I was expecting to see an older actor with a bit more of a domineering voice.  

Good on him for making his way to Director of Thorpe Park Movie Studios at such a young age though - it can't have been easy.  Maybe that's why he's gone a bit crazy; taking on too much too soon?

I wonder if that will be the actual director who you see in the maze?

Apart from the one photo of the nicely themed window/door, all the other interior bits I have seen of Studio 13 have just had black walls so I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

In another note, I hope that MBV and CITW get tweaks this year to build on last year and iron out the flaws.

EDIT:  I've just found some behind the scenes photos of My Bloody Valentine on the internet.  Thorpe really let it down with the lighting last year, it's actually really well themed!

An article about the overnight experience, The Extra Cut (Warning:  Potential spoilers):  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2779204/Thorpe-Park-s-Fright-Nights-guests-kidnapped-blindfolded-chased-cannibal-cult.html

I wonder if these people will be turn out to be some of the roaming actors as well (particularly the younger two):

1412330949439_wps_10_Group_Shot_Bedtime_

Given that they've got a writer on board for the roaming characters, having the roaming characters themed around a cannibal cult (which could turn out to be inspired by The Motel or another of the Director's films) would be a great back story and one that could be feasibly created and conveyed!

I sort of agree with you but MBV is very good with the pace and how it feels like you are being chased. best maze thorpe ever done in my eyes was the curse, although Cabin was fantastic and being a huge fan of the film stopping and reading the sign with the mosters listed on and seeing the ticked ones showing what creatures are in the maze with you at the time. 

I sort of agree with you but MBV is very good with the pace and how it feels like you are being chased. best maze thorpe ever done in my eyes was the curse, although Cabin was fantastic and being a huge fan of the film stopping and reading the sign with the mosters listed on and seeing the ticked ones showing what creatures are in the maze with you at the time. 

Have to disagree with you there Jack!

I thought The Curse was one of the worst mazes Thorpe have done.  The theming was nice, yes, but the maze itself did nothing for me, and was a bit corny and silly; not particularly scary at all.  Having loads of people jump out shouting 'Arrrrrrrr matey' and stuff like that made it laughable, and not in a good way.

I'd probably rate it as my least favourite scare attraction Thorpe have done to be honest and was glad to see the back end of it!

The Curse was amazing in its last year in my opinion, the fog was so thick you literally couldn't see in front of you.

The only problem I have with the IP mazes, is that the links to their movies don't really add much to the table that Thorpe wouldn't have thought up themselves.

The fact Cabin in the woods is a free flow "illusion of choice" maze has nothing to do with the IP, I have no doubt that eventually that concept would have made its way in to the park either way. Likewise, nothing specifically about TBWP IP made Thorpe Park go "Ohhh lets put a glorified scare zone down the side of the park."  

I don't begrudge Thorpe for not having Universal style theming, because its never going to be in their budget range, however, the theming that is present is still terribly generic, and I don't really believe (outside of Saw Alive, which to this day I think is one of the best themed attractions in the country) "Oh I'm really part of this movie!" at any point.

In essence they're just there for their brand power. These mazes would have eventually made their way in to the park in some form had they not signed the Lionsgate deal.

I don't begrudge Thorpe for not having Universal style theming, because its never going to be in their budget range, however, the theming that is present is still terribly generic, and I don't really believe (outside of Saw Alive, which to this day I think is one of the best themed attractions in the country) "Oh I'm really part of this movie!" at any point.

My Bloody Valentine would if you could actually see any of the theming...

Saw Alive is quite well themed, it's just a shame that the actors and general experience as a maze let it down.