Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Fastrack is meant to be 25% of the wait of the normal queue(well its more complicated but it works out as the equivalent of that, there abouts). The main queue should always have a higher allocation, regardless of the wait of the fastrack people. If Thorpe have oversold them, then Thorpe should be held responsible rather than ruining the peoples day who didn't pay. To complain at them for that is fine as it is their fault however to say that the main queue was being let in more isn't really a valid argument. Thorpe will defend themselves by saying that they limit the number of people they let in the park so I would suggest commenting on bad ride operations rather than saying it had way too many people. Saying those things will probably lead to a more satisfying answer as the other points will yield a generic response. Enjoy your priority passes (it will make sense to you in about 8 days).

It's been years since TP has put in the maximum capacity rule lol

I actually can't believe what some of the actors are saying this year!

In My Bloody Valentine, when you go through the claustrophobia tunnel (the inflatable one, not the crawling one) the actor shouted "Get in the fanny!"  We were laughing so much!  :lol:

Then in Cabin in the Woods one of the actors was just on a scooter going past us like "Beep beep!"

And then in the last run of the day in Studio 13 one of the actors said "Come and play with my doll!  Put your hand up her skirt!"

It was more like comedy nights this evening to be honest, it was absoloutely hilarious and had us in fits of laughter!  :lol:  I still can't believe that the actors are allowed to say things like that though!

I will post a more detailed post tomorrow on the event, as there was one incident which was not acceptable at all, (long story short 110 minute queue on MBV advertised as "up to 60 minutes" due to Fastrack overselling.

Did anyone go tonight? How was it?!

I did! Rides had walk on queues most of the time during the evening (nothing peaked above 40 during the day either) but all mazes stayed at 60 mins from their opening (put this together with the heavy rain and not having a coat or jumper with me I didn't fancy queuing for 60 mins in the rain so yeah walk on rides all night for me! :P )

Quietest I've ever seen Thorpe! (excluding Summer Nights ;) )

It was more like comedy nights this evening to be honest, it was absoloutely hilarious and had us in fits of laughter!  :lol:  I still can't believe that the actors are allowed to say things like that though!

Tbh I don't think "fanny" is bad to be honest. If they'd shouted "c**t" then I would be slightly shocked haha.

The best maze this year for me was MBV by a long way! Thought Studio 13 was pants, Saw alive was alright, Cabin was good and my bloody valentine was by far the best! Blair witch was closed all night because of the rain I think, I'll do a trip report at somepoint soon, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. 

Agree with you on Studio 13 it just didn't seem to have any point? I think because I was queueing so long I just gor angry and hated the whole thing lol although I never got on CITW because it was shut I'm sure it would have been my favourite

Bearing in mind we queued 45 minutes in the fast track queue in a so called 60 minute queue, I couldn't imagine what the actual queue was like haha. The throughput is dreadful! The first actor was too busy doing her hair rarther than trying to scare us and at one corner, we bumped into 3 actors having a chat not realizing we were there.

Guessing CITW was closed because they might of been fixing the tunnel or something like that

Nope, the tunnel was still not working last night.