Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

They've had problems with the system. I think it's fine now but is having trouble coping with earlier issues.

I arrived into the park at 5:30 and have got MBV and Cabin done; currently queuing for Studio 13. I personally think the system would be better if there was no standby queue, add the ratios are not going well given the problems. Shame.

They've had problems with the system. I think it's fine now but is having trouble coping with earlier issues.

I arrived into the park at 5:30 and have got MBV and Cabin done; currently queuing for Studio 13. I personally think the system would be better if there was no standby queue, add the ratios are not going well given the problems. Shame.

How have you got two done in a hour mate? What's the best way :(?

You cant RnR any more. It closes so the last allocation is 30 minutes after closing time. Another place they are trying to save money by making sure crews are done by 30 minutes after closing. Its a cash grab the entire RnR system. Spend more in shops, save running costs, attract new people by the gimmick of a queue-less park.

The fact that the system has gone down is nothing to do with the fact that they want everyone through by 10:30pm, saw alive and studio 13 have not gone above 30mins this evening on RNR and they are closed, system glitch I would imagine.

I am almost certain you will still be able to enter the main queues until 10pm meaning you still get a ride!

What a complete and utter farce. We spent half an hour trying to get some knackered old smartphone connected to the internet which didn't work as they weren't using cards! (Even though I had one). This is wrong as it excludes a lot of guests who don't have smartphones. Therefore we used a priority pass that we had received when buying our Merlin passes on My Bloody Valentine (and had one of the worst runs ever through it - nothing happened!)

After a few rides we went over to Saw Alive, where the Reserve and Ride situation was just laughable. The main queue was just past the end of the final corner. The RNR queue however was huge! Coming all the way from the entrance up past the main entrance, winding around past the green tent. Also, it wasn't just one single line but a huge bunch of people - I reckon it would have taken about 2 hours at the least! And I feel sorry for those few people in the main queue thinking it won't take long. I bet they didn't even get batched until the RNR queue had gone!

There is no defence for this at all. How many people are Thorpe spiting with Reserve and Ride? And still they insist on trialing the system, which goes wrong nearly every time. Absolute craziness. Also, it's pointless. Why not just have a normal queue instead of people having to reserve to queue?

Studio 13 also had a RNR queue longer than the main queue, and CITW had quite a long RNR queue (but not as bad as the other ones!)

Further to this, we left the mazes in favour of rides, and queued 50 minutes for Inferno only to find that it was running one train. After everything else that had happened this is a complete and utter joke. It's obvious to me that they don't care one bit about customer experience, and it has me questioning why I keep going back to the place. Bear in mind that Inferno had both trains on when we went on it at about 5:30pm, so where is the logic for taking one off when the mazes aren't able to handle any crowds due to the stupid system?!

I have lost it with Thorpe. I'm visiting Fright Nights on Sunday as I can't let my friends down, but had it been just been family we wouldn't have bothered. Surely even they won't be stupid enough to trial it again given the complete failure today?! Complete waste of an evening, and petrol money. It's time Thorpe started to focus on throughput and guest experience rather than stupidity like this. Not impressed.

We did all the mazes today with an extra go on S13 all because of R'n'R without it we would have only done one maze and BWP probably. This was along with Ninfernox2, Stealth, Swarm, Saw, Slammer, Rush, X, Detty, Rumba and some general meandering. Not bad for 3:30-10 on what was a relatively busy day anyway even if R'n'R hadn't been in use.

So who actually managed to do more than 2 mazes today then??

Got on them all apart from BWP (Could of done if had wanted)

Used RnR for Studio 13, Saw Alive and Cabin. It seemed to work for us, longest wait we had was around 20 mins for Studio 13 which was better than the 60 min standby queue.

I think RnR has potential, I think there being 3 Queues (RnR, Fastrack and Standby) does complicate things slightly, if they could do fastrack only through RnR and make it 2 queues that may work better but could end up upsetting fastrack users.

Got on them all apart from BWP (Could of done if had wanted)

Used RnR for Studio 13, Saw Alive and Cabin. It seemed to work for us, longest wait we had was around 20 mins for Studio 13 which was better than the 60 min standby queue.

I think RnR has potential, I think there being 3 Queues (RnR, Fastrack and Standby) does complicate things slightly, if they could do fastrack only through RnR and make it 2 queues that may work better but could end up upsetting fastrack users.

Wow such mixed reviews but your day sounds like it was good! I've decided to take the plunge and go tomorrow- hoping for a day as good as that haha xD

The people who caught saw and s13 when the RnR was 20 mins probally liked it, but it was only like that becuase of the glitches it was having. If anyone can honestly say that waiting 3hours 21 minutes virtually then being expected to wait 20+ minutes when you get there is good then you must have some kind if mental condition. If the RnR was actually 2 hours for the mazes then you really are mental if you think this system is good. The early trials on swarm had the same problem, waited 2 hours to find I was then forced to join a 50 minute queue.

Coaster jamie please do let thorpe park know, via twitter and by email. So many people I know hate the system and thorpe think its 100% perfect. The more people they hear the truth from the better.

Wow such mixed reviews but your day sounds like it was good! I've decided to take the plunge and go tomorrow- hoping for a day as good as that haha xD

I didn't get there till 6 ish too - we were kind of helped by more allocation becoming available after the initial batch had all gone - once they had gone up the virtual waits were much less.

You'll be fine - the park wouldn't continue to run a system if it affected it's paying customers days as much as it's made out.

Quick words till Saturday evening, when I'll post full reviews...

Got in all mazes thanks to RnR; wouldn't have done without it. There's some problems with it, but I think Thorpe are overcomplicated it with too many queuing systems.

Possible spoilers ahead (worst to best):

MBV: I had a leak of actors and it was unentertaining for the most part. How is this the only 5* maze?

Saw Alive: Good fun and I enjoy it. Possibly the most consistent maze I've done. Just not as good as the above.

BWP: Really enjoyed this this evening. Plenty of actors and they use the space well!

CITW: Not as fun as last year, and the idea of being a room and things happening is lost. Still very good though and plenty of actors.

Studio 13: Great theming, loads of great actors, nice story that creeps through. Good scares and great fun. Prefer the way the ending is executed too.

Face it Alone: Did Studio 13 and it was absolutely ruddy brilliant. Just sheer and utter brilliance and my favourite maze experience to date. Well done to all involved in that!

You have way more faith in Thorpe park than anyone else does. The extra allocation was just system problems. Saw and s13 kept reseting to 0 minutes when they shouldn't have been so people like you were benefiting. I was watching it for a long time, citw and mbv were consistently at the 3 hour mark.

They don't care about customers at all. They justify all the complaints with "oh its a trail", when I was complaining at them on twitter I got a rather rude response (yes I know I was being annoying to them) but they are a company which should be taking the moral high ground and being kind to their customers to encourage them back rather than saying "oh aren't you charming". People will see that response and I don't think Thorpe will come away looking very good, sarcastic comments about a complaint.

Ive had enough with them, its highly unlikely that I will be returning to Thorpe anytime soon. I would prefer the extra 3 hours driving to go to alton or BPB.

You don't know that I benefited from the system failing. In fact, I actually wasted a bit of time today because of the system and its failing.

Despite that, I actually managed to get all mazes done and have a very good time. Indeed, it was infinitely more fun than sitting behind a computer tweeting Thorpe Park about why their system is useless when you're not experiencing it first hand...

I meant that reply for marc but I'm willing to put tweeting at them and being at the park today at about level. I hate RnR after the 3 trails ive been to I refuse to go ever again with it active. The last 2 years ive been to thorpe a lot and the rides are no longer something special, especially after going to america. Customer service is awful and I dont like horror mazes.

You'll be fine - the park wouldn't continue to run a system if it affected it's paying customers days as much as it's made out.

I don't want to be unduly negative, but the way they have allowed fastrack to descend into chaos frequently for many many years at huge detriment to most visitors rather undermines that thought!

I do think that fright nights is when R&R could come into its own though, it should really work well with mazes if they can get the system bugs out.