Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I personally think Thorpe's non-conga line mazes have been pretty good, and don't see any reason why Studio 13 can't continue that good trend. Given the story behind the maze, I think there's good opportunities for the park to utilise a non-conga line experience as well.

I've always thought that you lose that sense of fear when you go in a Conga line.  It is possible have a one route maze without a conga line though (see Passage Del Terror) but then it probably decreases throughput so you can't win.

For throughput reasons I would like to see Studio 13 remain a conga line maze.  Asylum always had the highest throughput at FN (as Saw Alive always has stoppages) and I think Studio 13 needs to retain this as the throughput on My Bloody Valentine and Cabin in The Woods is dire.

I've always thought that you lose that sense of fear when you go in a Conga line.  It is possible have a one route maze without a conga line though (see Passage Del Terror) but then it probably decreases throughput so you can't win.

For throughput reasons I would like to see Studio 13 remain a conga line maze.  Asylum always had the highest throughput at FN (as Saw Alive always has stoppages) and I think Studio 13 needs to retain this as the throughput on My Bloody Valentine and Cabin in The Woods is dire.

Studio 13 will have a lower throughput than asylum and has a theoretical throughput of 750pph.

On another note, I have already noticed something from Asylum being reused in Studio 13  :lol:

The bottom of the wall in the photo released by Thorpe themselves (the one with the window etc) is the old "brick" fence from the queueline.

Studio 13 will have a lower throughput than asylum and has a theoretical throughput of 750pph.

How do you know this?  And do you know what the throughputs for My Bloody Valentine and Cabin are/were last year?

This is kinda off topic but when I booked my fright night tickets, the only option was collect at park instead of print at home. unless I'm missing something or the tickets just weren't available to print on that day for some reason, since fright night is a pre-book only event, surely that means thousands of people queuing to collect their tickets? Aren't there like, 4 windows from which that can be done? From my experience this takes ages as letters of consent, credit card details ect have to be checked and tickets have to be printed so this could take forever with all guest having to do it! Surely that can't be the case...

^ That has happened to me this year. I think it's because me and my group have also booked a VIP event with it.

Also, on a different note...

If you make a statement and then say your source is "some guy I know" or "my mate who works there", don't get upset when people don't believe you.

Could someone explain to me how exactly you get split up in CITW & MBV? I didn't go FN last year so I don't know, and seeing as this never happened in the mazes before the overhaul, I'm kind of worried about being split up/put on my own.

I'm aware that there's 2 routes (tunnel/the other way I think ???) on MBV, but do you get split up and then made to walk through the rest of the maze alone, or are you split up with more than one person? And same for Cabin, where abouts are you split up and are you on your own when you're split up, or with other people? And do you regroup with the rest of your group after? And does this happen every time, or is it inconsistent (from experience?)

I understand that people who haven't done the mazes before don't want it spoiled for them, so if you're not comforable with answering in the topic, feel free to private message me!

I'd really appreciate this information, thanks.

^ Okay MINOR SPOILERS... :P

I didn't get split up in MBV, but if it's like Experiment 10, you regroup half way through. 

In Cabin in the Woods, you won't be split up if you grab onto a friend and go into the same rooms together! Remember some of the doors lock behind you!

In Experiment 10, they pushed half the group to one side of a room and the other half to another. Then the two sides go off in the different directions. Nothing really scary! But like I said, in MBV I don't think we got split up. If we did it wasn't interesting enough for us to notice!

Could someone explain to me how exactly you get split up in CITW & MBV? I didn't go FN last year so I don't know, and seeing as this never happened in the mazes before the overhaul, I'm kind of worried about being split up/put on my own.

I'm aware that there's 2 routes (tunnel/the other way I think ???) on MBV, but do you get split up and then made to walk through the rest of the maze alone, or are you split up with more than one person? And same for Cabin, where abouts are you split up and are you on your own when you're split up, or with other people? And do you regroup with the rest of your group after? And does this happen every time, or is it inconsistent (from experience?)

I understand that people who haven't done the mazes before don't want it spoiled for them, so if you're not comforable with answering in the topic, feel free to private message me!

I'd really appreciate this information, thanks.

I agree with Altitude above, last year there was a group of 6 of us on both CITW and MBV and on neither of them did we get split up. IMO both mazes was the weakest last year... Hopefully they can change my point of view this year.