Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I personally don't think Studio 13 will be like Asylum and be predominately a maze that uses strobes.  I wouldn't be surprised, however, if it does have a strobe effect at some point - many mazes do after all!

Speaking of Studio 13, another apparent sneak peek from Thorpe's FB:

1491741_10152702166790867_55731155332119

NOPE NOPE NOPE 

Personally I would rather not, would like some originality to the maze as don't want it just to be virtually a copy of the asylum. Would be nice to see him at a different point in the maze jumping out at you though!

In my opinion it should be the one thing that stays exactly the same (and the music!) as it's a timeless effect that is used so successfully in a lot of horror mazes across the world.  I don't think that anything else would get quite the same reaction (look at the failed ending of E10 in 2012) as Asylum was the only maze where people nearly always ran out.  Plus the chainsaw was used in Freezer as well so it's not like it was just Asylum.

However, the way they build up tension to the final could change.  Some audio in the final corridor of the director talking (think Sanctuary strobe maze) before he chases you out would be fantastic!

In my opinion it should be the one thing that stays exactly the same (and the music!) as it's a timeless effect that is used so successfully in a lot of horror mazes across the world. I don't think that anything else would get quite the same reaction (look at the failed ending of E10 in 2012) as Asylum was the only maze where people nearly always ran out. Plus the chainsaw was used in Freezer as well so it's not like it was just Asylum.

However, the way they build up tension to the final could change. Some audio in the final corridor of the director talking (think Sanctuary strobe maze) before he chases you out would be fantastic!

The layout and system of Asylum was personally the best ever and if studio 13 re themes that and changes the way it does that I would be really happy.