Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

@DaveViper We will have are around 5 or 6 scare mazes based around iconic Horror films, featuring live actors scaring the wits out of you!

@DaveViper All will be revealed soon... :-)

Possible hint at a new maze on their twitter page? I understand that they could still be wrong but they are the official PR department and correctly stated that there were only 4 mazes last year (and said of the franchises involved). The way they also said 'all will be revealed soon' suggests that this 5th/6th maze reveal will be the surprise this year, as I guessed. This gets me very excited about what's to com!

Probably means we'll have an Asylum replacement and possibly roaming actors; as that leaves us with 5-6 attractions.  They'll just put scare mazes because it's easier I guess.

One thing which I've just thought about - the posters on park for Fright Nights have the You're Next character on them.  Whilst I doubt anyone would complain (in terms of misrepresentation) if they didn't return, and that Thorpe haven't confirmed their return with the rest, I wonder if there's a chance if they'll return.  I think the execution of the characters would work better in a scare maze rather than roaming actors, since with roaming actors, you have enough time to see they're simply people in masks with plastic weapons.  Would be completely different in a hectic maze scenario!

Could work. Would prefer Texas Chainsaw Massacre though.

Dead Silence and Slender both rely on audio...

With a Dead Silence attraction, I don't know how they'd get some scenes completely silent, because you'd hear people talking from other parts of the tour. As with Slender, you'd need the same thing.

Plus both films rely on suspense rather than actual scares (most of the time), and I doubt they could pull that off.

Dead Silence and Slender both rely on audio...

With a Dead Silence attraction, I don't know how they'd get some scenes completely silent, because you'd hear people talking from other parts of the tour. As with Slender, you'd need the same thing.

Plus both films rely on suspense rather than actual scares (most of the time), and I doubt they could pull that off.

In my head they wouldn't use the silence aspect of that movie, more the creepy dolls and scary characters. It would be impossible to get complete silence, but the theming could be done really well. It could theoretically be done really cheaply too

With the way they are aiming their target market this year, does anyone think there would be a family maze? If there was, it would probably fail misersably because families would think it was a scary maze from the outside, therefore not going in.

Most would agree that the target marget of Fright Night will never change. The event will always be known for scares and there is a much bigger market for the older customer in Fright Nights, and they will lose many, many visitors as well as reduced profit from Fright Nights if they decided to bring in a family maze, as families would not go for one maze and would be unlikely to go to Fright Nights anyway with Alton Towers and Chessington available with more for children. With the new Lionsgate deal for the next few years and increased opening hours, they would never aim Fright Nights at families due to other available attractions and massive profit losses. Also, the atmosphere of Fright Nights and the other mazes/late closing times/roaming actors would mean families would never stay anyway

There's so much they can do for families, just look at the mazes chessington do and the trick or treat doors that I seem to remember from before. They could also bring in 'street actors' with more of a comedic child friendly angle rather than jumping out at everyone. It's definitely possible for Thorpe to make fright nights interesting for families, wether they will do this or not well we'll just have to wait and find out.

vsp6jl.jpg

As zombies...? Since when did thorpe park have zombies for fright nights?

Zombies are in Cabin in the Woods, so it could be reference to that.  I don't think there's a Lionsgate-distributed film that's main focus in zombies though and is particularly popular (someone correct me if I'm wrong though!).  

I've noticed that on this link - http://www.thorpebreaks.co.uk/fright-nights.html , they say:

Which horror movies will feature at this event?

The Blair Witch Project, My Bloody Valentine, The Cabin in the Woods and SAW are just some of the Lionsgate films which are due to feature at 2014's Fright Nights.

Since it says 'some', that probably means there'll be more.  Not groundbreaking news, but it does confirm that there'll probably be at least one new IP this season, meaning that there should be an Asylum replacement of some kind.  Well, hopefully at least!

All you people saying they should do Dead silence sorry to burst your bubble but that is not Lionsgate the best bet we will see is texas Chainsaw Massacre and maybe Jessabelle but I believe jessabelle is only available to watch on video demand online.

Yeah, Jessabelle's released has been continuously put back - with it currently having a limited release in November now.  I'd be surprised if that was turned into an attraction to be honest, but if it was, it'd make for a create chance for to have a maze which uses atmosphere more than actors jumping out at you.

Still holding onto a sliver of hope for a Hostel-themed attraction, however 'out there' that sounds, but TCM seems like a likely choice.

How about some Scare Rooms in the Thorpe Shark Hotel?

They did something similar for the Blair Witch Project late night experience with actors supposedly chasing you back to your room in the shark hotel. They're far too small to be used as proper scare rooms like at Alton Towers though.