Drusillas Park

Mitchada04

I used to visit here all the time when I was a kid for one reason. It is designed for children. All the enclosures have viewing points designed for children and activities at each enclosure (like how loud can you roar even though they have no big cats :P ).

Drusillas is also well known for having a set of large and good play areas. Many of the places I visited as a kid I can't remember very well but Drusillas is one I clearly and fondly remember!

2014-interactive-map.jpg

Park map for those interested.

Anyway, opening this Saturday is a new land with a few rides, Hello Kitty Secret Garden. Included will be a tea cups, car ride and a frog hopper. It's not much but for a family zoo of this size it is quite a lot, and just goes to show how IPs are becoming such a large thing for these smaller parks as it expands your marketing vastly. Hopefully it will do Drusillas wonders like Peppa Pig and Thomas have done for their parks.

_DSC6787.jpg

_DSC6255.jpg

_DSC6424.jpg

(Some pics from the sight).

http://www.drusillas.co.uk/hello-kitty-secret-garden

Has anyone else here been to Drusillas? If so what did you think of this quaint little zoo :)

I used to visit here all the time when I was a kid for one reason. It is designed for children.

I've probably seen you at one point then haha, I live about 10 minutes from Drusillas and pretty much went there every weekend from the age of 4! I loved this place as a child.

Glad to see they are finally using up that area seeing as when I went there, there was nothing but a little bouncy castle for that whole area.

Used to go there loads as a kid!!! Anyone remember the walkthrough at Halloween?? Boos cottage I think??? Made me cry when I was about five :D

Now why does that not surprise me!

These promo pics of hello kitty look like they've developed a nice little area and it's nice to see these small parks doing the IPs justice and letting it fit in. I find it amazing how the smaller parks with a small budget do a much better job than the bigger parks. Shows with less money you can get more creative!

Otherwise before now I've never heard of this park

But geez Avril Lavigne in that video can get my kitty on any day - I was transfixed, especially when she was wearing those glasses.... :wub:

Used to go there loads as a kid!!! Anyone remember the walkthrough at Halloween?? Boos cottage I think??? Made me cry when I was about five :D

Oh yess! And then then when I got older, me and my brother would stand there and try and make the witch laugh, and we did a good job of it! Once on a day it was dead we were just in there having a conversation with her about her job! Taking it you used to see Santa at Christmas as well ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello Kitty Secret Garden is now open at the park and Ā is looking really good! Haven't seen it in person but from this video it looks really well done, and it looks like a great area for kids. I also like it because it is something different at the park, they don't have any other rides apart from a Thomas train ride. Wish they had this when I was a kid and went to the park ;)Ā 

Ā 

• 2 years later...

NOOOOOO </3

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/date-announced-for-thomas-train-s-final-trip-1-7682955

CHILDHOOD OFFICIALLY DESTROYED.

Ā 

It's good to see Drusillas expanding but the Thomas ride was literally my favourite thing ever as a small kid due to my Thomas obsession. I remember being fascinated by how his eyes moved lol.