New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

I'd love it if Thorpe just had a massive overhaul and focused on refurb etc. but I think it'd benefit them more if they just took it one step at a time, with a gradual build up of a cleaner, modernised and more appealing Thorpe Park. Like Th13rteen, I also really think that Thorpe should utilise the fact they are an island- which I feel is already being hinted at with their new 'An Island Like No Other' slogan. 

Given the 2016 investment is apparently due to be pretty huge, I can see Thorpe having a small or low-end medium investment which may be a set of new events or a small flat ride; if it were to be a flat ride, I can't see it necessarily being as large or substantial as Samurai, Slammer and the Lost City flats are and I also have a feeling that, especially if it is to be a fairly substantial investment ride-wise, they wouldn't open it any later than they halfway point of the season as not to draw attention away from the 'next big thing'. 

I must admit, I'm quite excited to see what Thorpe may have up their sleeves for the next few years, especially with regards to the re-branding!

I disagree. I honestly think that Thorpe have chosen a pretty decent demographic- although some of their methods of going about the change isn't particularly great in my eyes (no prizes for guessing what that is)- and, providing they stick to it, I can see them prospering pretty well. Of course, there are going to be a fair amount of hiccups on the way- I'll be one of the first to say that Thorpe and Merlin aren't perfect- but hey it's a start!

I think the obvious move would be to turn the resort into a actual resort. I bet it's already been discussed, if we see it or not is another matter. Would be good for them to have a place where guests from the hotel(s) can hang around and make use of a re-imagined/new entertainment complex, something that could maybe stay open all year round?

^ Sorry but you do realise somebody already mentioned that like... A week ago? We don't know if it's just them doing work on the trees.

Nothing wrong with adding a picture to the discussion..

Also helps put things in a bit more of a perspective; the Fungle site is quite large after all. If all the trees end up being tagged, I'd be more inclined to think that there's a future development due to happen there then just some work on trees.

Perhaps I should have put 'more trees are being tagged' though, since we knew some had been.

Also helps put things in a bit more of a perspective; the Fungle site is quite large after all. If all the trees end up being tagged, I'd be more inclined to think that there's a future development due to happen there then just some work on trees.

So if I told you that the trees behind the wooden fence (the old queue and entrance to Fungle) are tagged as well that something might be happening here? Because that is the case ;)

I say they put a Sub-Terra clone, themed around Inferno, on the old Fungle Safari site :D

Nemesis Inferno Sub Terra?

Go deep underground with the Calypso Quay Explorer's Club and explore some hidden baby volcanoes that are thought to be dormant. Nothing can go wrong surely...