New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Well they're leaving it quite late then if it is anything to do with FN, they've got just over a week. It's not related, S13 doesn't need a tent it's all in the Asylum building! It's not inconvenient to cut down some trees just because it's next to a maze building. They aren't even working on the site at weekends and certainly won't be at night!

In regards to secret planning applications, Merlin obviously hate the fact everything can be seen online, although if they wanted anything secret, it would have been any of the coasters. This will be nothing of interest, otherwise we'd know by now.

It wouldn't even surprise me if it was a H&S thing that lead to a big clear up!

Things I'd like to see happen for 2015 at the park

1/ Rumba Rapids extensively rethemed/refreshed with a major repaint, new water & interactive features and a more wild water flow to make it like a small scale Congo River rapids.

2/ Canada Creek refreshed, repaint TLC, loggers improved with new tunnel and improved water system.

3/ Flying a fish with new interactive and theming additions

4/ Colossus repaint (doubt this will ever happen)

5/ a new dark ride would be nice

Doubt many of these things will actually happen

How about thorpe do something like six flags have done in the past? A war on lines as they call it. Add a few flats, add one or two dark rides and spruce up the whole park.

Thorpe clearly think that the Reserve n Ride system is the answer to all those related problems...

Thing is, where would a few flats/dark rides go? Space is an utter premium at Thorpe and I have my doubts they know how best to use the available space... And then what other flat rides can you add to a park that's already full of them? Unless Thorpe actually decide that they actually DO want to embrace the family market and add a few things like Chairswings (or a Starflyer)...

As for sprucing up the park, Merlin don't seem to embrace that issue unless they HAVE to... State of Towers Street/Nemesis station/Inferno's mouldy volcano pretty much sums that up...

Space is terrible at thorpe totally :/ maybe a new ride could go on the space they are clearing where fungle safari was. I think a starflyer would be good but it would have to be the same size as detonator or stealth but it being the same size as stealth then thats not gonna go down too well! And as for sprucing up do they ever like repaint their rides unless it needs doing? Colossus looks terrible and I know some say it might fit in well with the theme but it being that dirty is not nice! Maybe if they reintroduced the areas and repainted the rides and maybe altered the rides a bit (maybe put a tunnel with flashing lights on the inline rolls.) then they could market new features. As much as I love thorpe it needs to be spruced up. Saw's restraints have chunks taken out of them and covered in tape on the tops :/

I don't think Thorpe are lacking in space.

MHFS and island behind Swarm/Stealth are empty spaces just waiting for development.  Places like the arena, Canada Creek, the beach and the Shark Hotel island are in need of work as well in my opinion, and can be redeveloped to accommodate new attractions.  Given a park of Thorpe's size in their situation, I think that's quite a reasonable amount of space!

I'm not saying Thorpe have lots of space to spare, they have to use what space they've got wisely, but I don't think it's as bad as some may think.  

Arena, Fungle, Beach, the MTDP showed a roller coaster and 2 flats possibly being squeezed in their, Shark Hotel island when that leaves. Still got Treasure Island I'm guessing they could use (behind Rumba) and so on. If they're smart they've got loads of room plus old rides will start to leave and be replaced by new ones. That's a good 10 years of developments there.

Thorpe is very restrcited in space. 

Not really. As per the posts directly above yours there's a good few completely bare sites for plonking something straight on, and on top of that what they do have already is not tightly packed in at all. It might be a bit awkward planning wise but there's loads of space between what's there, and much more with some minor removals or relocations. It really is not a problem, and certainly not for any imminent development.

10 years isnt too good. That will become a problem quickly. Merlins aim to be the most visted wont be happening at thorpe if the most it can have is 7 coasters and a dark ride.

In ten years time, lots of rides will be at the end of their life cycles. I don't believe for a minute that Colossus or Saw can last much longer beyond 2024 to be honest and Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Slammer and Samurai will be long gone by then in my opinion.

The big question I have is apart from the island near Swarm, Fungles spot and Shark island eventually, is there any unused land left at the patk after that and could more lake infilling ever be a possibility?

If the answers no, I guess assuming Merlin do the big ride ever 4 years method (previously 3) we will see thorpe run out of empty space run out at the park by 2024.

On the side note I see the following rides either gone or at the end of their lives by/before that time (expanding on other posts).

The beach area (possibly minus the fish)

Loggers, Slammer & possibly rocky

Ranger county

Lost city flats (mostly vortex & samurai)

I think Colossus & saw will get to 30 years before they're removed/torn out, which I guess would be 2032-2039

Btw how big is Thorpe (in acres)?