New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

The first bit wasn't aimed at you. Believe it or not it takes time to type. Merlin are playing it safe. Relative to every other theme park they are playing it very safe. They don't invest the money, new ride for this year nothing. New ride for the season just gone, cheap dodgems and a short animation. Season before that, changed some rows around on a coaster. Not exactly a bold investment.

I honestly cant tell you a positive about Thorpe other than its near by. If I compare it to the rest of the UK then there are more positives but I'm not. I'm comparing it to the rest of the world which do theme parks to a far better standard.

Hmmm so you're saying, that they don't invest?

2000 - Tidal Wave accompanied by an entire new area, Amity Cove.

2001 - Sensory Overload, Zodiac, Vortex and Detonator.

2002 - Colossus a world's first 10 looping roller Coaster accompanying The Lost City.

2003 - Nemesis Inferno, Quantum and Eclipse.

2004 - Samurai.

2005 - Slammer and Rush.

2006 - Stealth, UK's highest and fastest coaster at the time.

2007 - Flying Fish returned after a refurbishment.

2008 -  Time Voyagers.

2009 - SAW - The Ride.

2010 - SAW Alive.

2011 - Storm Surge.

2012 - The SWARM.

2013 - X Refurbishment & The SWARM's ReInvestment
2014 - Angry Birds Land

That is 14 years of investment, with at least a new attraction or a refurbished import every single year totalling 19 new/imported attractions. As well as three reinvestments which themselves would have cost a fortune. 

If anything we have been blessed with investments when you compare to chessington who had 1 new attraction in something like 7-10 years. 

Merlin have purchased Tussauds debt as well as their rides. That level of investment was never going to continue, no matter who owned it.

If you don't like the food, don't buy the food. Simple. If others enjoy it, let them. I'm not quite sure I understand the point of your crusade, are you a Jehovah's or something? I expect to see you knocking on my door thrusting a pizza hut menu into my hand.

I'm not sure I quite understand either, when Domino's is clearly much better ;)

I seriously find it hard to believe that I am the only one which goes to thorpe for the rides despite not liking the rest. Seeing as everyone is picking out each individual word I type and being ultra pedantic I'm just going to stop. If you honestly think I am or anyone is going to buy something they dont want then there is something wrong with your logic.

I seriously find it hard to believe that I am the only one which goes to thorpe for the rides despite not liking the rest. Seeing as everyone is picking out each individual word I type and being ultra pedantic I'm just going to stop. If you honestly think I am or anyone is going to buy something they dont want then there is something wrong with your logic.

Why not? You clearly don't like Thorpe and yet you plan on going again and again..

I went to Thorpe 'just for the rides' but then I realised that because I say I'm not too happy with Thorpe at the moment, it makes me a hypocrite, so I haven't been since and hardly plan on going next year unless I get over my cynical, pessimistic scepticism. It's really not hard; and think of the money you could save to go to different and better theme parks which are further away.

Why not? You clearly don't like Thorpe and yet you plan on going again and again..

Because he said he goes for the rides, a good enough reason to keep going in my opinion, considering they're good rides and no other park has them nearby.. He's not the only person I've heard complain about everything else other than the rides,  I don't see why everyone's acting as if it's a ridiculous opinion to have..

On another note I'd be sad to see Pizza Pasta replace the hut, I don't have an annual pass and doesn't that make it even more expensive than Pizza hut? Either way, I've eaten at the Pizza Pasta at Alton and imo it's not quite as good as the hut  -_-

I'd like the benches in Sunken Garden to be given a touch up. They're lovely to sit on and eat your packed lunch with Stealth launching through the trees in front of you and Swarm roaring behind you. Done it many times when I'm a bit short on money. Cheese sandwhich, some crisps and a chocolate bar all from home. Yummy! 

Pizza Hut - £9.99 Unlimited Buffet with Bottomless Drinks. No Discount possible.

Pizza Pasta - £10.99 Unlimited buffet with Bottomless Drinks. 20% Discount = £8.79 More bang for your buck.

Pizza Pasta was £11.49 last time I was at Towers... ;)

On another note, have we had this "exciting announcement" yet that they posted about on Facebook?

Lol this thread made me laugh, great entertainment for a Friday night...

I have this image of LC stood outside Pizza Pasta next year with a placard stating "Bring back Pizza Hut, Merlin suck" whilst having paid for his MAP and entered a place he seemingly hates...

There are plenty of rides better than what you get at Thorpe over in Europe, in parks that provide a better overall experience... Save your money, don't buy a MAP, go to these other parks and then everyone's happier...

I dont pay for the MAP, I get them free with nectar points. The only money they get off me is if I buy food. The only problem with Europe is getting there. Its a bit far to go if I want some thrills for the weekend.

So it's not free then, is it. You'd have to have spend thousands to earn enough points for a MAP. And I work at Homebase and Sainsburys, both which take Nectar. 

And even if you said you would have saved that many points anyway, you didn't have to blow them all on an MAP.

Also I would appreciate it if you did make me out to be a mental guy with a board preaching about pizza pasta. Just because you lot think its good doesn't mean everyone else does. To take the piss of people with opposing opinions isn't funny or clever its just inconsiderate. You have no idea how much I do or don't want something, yeah I'm not in favour of pizza pasta instead of pizza hut but I'm not going to stand outside it warning people away.

Also I would appreciate it if you did make me out to be a mental guy with a board preaching about pizza pasta ... To take the piss of people with opposing opinions isn't funny or clever its just inconsiderate. You have no idea how much I do or don't want something, yeah I'm not in favour of pizza pasta instead of pizza hut but I'm not going to stand outside it warning people away.

C'mon PLC, that's clearly a joke, and not one about your opinion but simply the way you have made it. 

Some posts deleted, some post edited, and that is the end of that bun fight please. Any more issues, take it to PM. Thanks.