New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Doesn't Fastpass+ essentially make you plan out your entire holiday about 4 years* in advance?

Very different to what Reserve n Ride is, and indeed the entire implementation of it is different, the two are pretty much incomparable...

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the big push in the near future though, given that the Thrill Paradise brand didn't work, the current brand seems so generic and bland, they will look to having that magical USP to sell the park (rather than you know, creating a great Value For Money experience that makes people want to revisit)...

*Might be over-exaggerating

Why not just shift normal queues as much as possible so RNR isn't needed?

Weird comparison. With the problems (a lot of which are self-made) they intend Rn'R to solve, pushing staff to get an extra 100 an hour isn't really going to change much. Staff usually attempt high throughputs regardless of which system is being run more for morale-purposes. Bigger issues than that are a) Fastrack allocations b.) Priority passes c) The types of rides they choose to build in the first place. 

A new ride with 1200pph is good and all but the swarm could have been 100m longer and could possibly have run 3 trains so could have potentially achieved 1700pph. Then storm surge with its terrible 400pph or less. Then saw with it barley reaching 900pph. They shouldn't be installing any major ride with a throughput lower than 1200. Alton are just as guilty though. Poor ride choices have lead to massive queues. They added rides to attract new people which is great but didn't find a way to deal with them all. 

A new ride with 1200pph is good and all but the swarm could have been 100m longer and could possibly have run 3 trains so could have potentially achieved 1700pph.

Nope.  If Swarm had been 100m longer, they'd have gone over the pre-agreed maximum coaster length set out in the MTDP (why they set it to a maximum of 850m, who knows?).  

I'm sure Thorpe will want as high throughput additions as they want, but under the constraints, I doubt Swarm could really achieve any more than it already does.

The Swarm itself is fine, if it's held back by anything it's the batching area design, as well as the whole backwards thing and standard fastrack woes (but less of a problem here with more premium pricing and a higher throughput ride in general). I don't mind backwards though, just the station design never really accommodated for it in the first place. Bigger problems come from relying on rides like Storm Surge, Depth Charge and Samurai to be the major filler rides outside of the top coasters. 

The swarm is 775m so it could be 850m. Also I never said it would increase to that it could if designed well. Thorpe just has too many low throughput rides. The sooner they renegotiate the length of the coasters the better because its come to the point where they need very high throughput rides. The whole RnR should never have come into existence if they invested wisely. 

Unfortunately I believe the problem of queues can only be resolved by adding high throughput attractions.

High throughput attractions reduce queue lines as a whole and RNR can only work with a significant amount of shows and high throughput attractions to accommodate the people virtually queueing, otherwise it just simply shifts queues like thorpe are doing at the moment.

Basically thorpe need to start investing in things which actually take a decent amount of people per hour instead of having massive queues...

The swarm is 775m so it could be 850m. Also I never said it would increase to that it could if designed well. Thorpe just has too many low throughput rides. The sooner they renegotiate the length of the coasters the better because its come to the point where they need very high throughput rides. The whole RnR should never have come into existence if they invested wisely. 

Coaster length does not equal a higher throughput, just look at T'Ultimate to see how flawed that argument is...

As said, it's the filler rides that need the higher throughputs, doesn't every major coaster at Thorpe apart from Saw get over 1000pph? Or at least relatively close to that in cases like Stealth and Colossus?

Coaster length does not equal a higher throughput, just look at T'Ultimate to see how flawed that argument is...

As said, it's the filler rides that need the higher throughputs, doesn't every major coaster at Thorpe apart from Saw get over 1000pph? Or at least relatively close to that in cases like Stealth and Colossus?

Believe that is correct - and I doubt Saw is far from 1000pph either.

I don't partuarly like RnR and they really cannot run it correctly... It just won't work in a park like Thorpe for every guest... What I have noticed though on the occasions it's been trialling is that it's set up to buy it, RnR will be a replacement of fast track and its actually a good idea as it can be more controlled, but it needs to be tested and made right before it gets used to guests paying for it.

That's just my opinion but can't/wouldn't want to see it implemented in any other way, if not at all.

But 1000 is still low for a major park. They should be in the 1200+ region while the flats should be over 600pph.

Coaster length does benefit a coaster and makes it easier to achieve high throughputs. It's not a direct correlation but it does help.

A longer coaster will reduce throughput if it doesn't have a block in it.