New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Re-Themed, Storm In A Teacup to Angry Birds, Merlin like to re-theme a ride and call it new, like new for 2014 Scorpion Express.

I reckon you may have a point - Thorpe WERE playing the ABL soundtrack in the teacups on the last day of the season after all...

If they do retheme it, I really do hope it's Bad Piggies orientated! :rolleyes:

I doubt it'll be a Flying Fish retheme as we saw a photo of it testing in the snow last week, and it's also opening for February half term.

That Vine really doesn't give enough away to be able to have any concrete ideas.  At this stage though, my guesses would be:

-Retheme of Mr Monkey (though that seems doubtful, especially as I think some closed season pictures have shown the ride with all of its original theming still?)

-Sealife centre?  A small could be possible..  And they could probably transform the Marquee or part of the Dome into a suitable area.  Seems doubtful as well.

-Teacups retheme into something Angry Birds.  It's something that has always made sense to do, though that Vine doesn't suggest that in any way...

-Work to Neptune's Kingdom / beach / dome area.  That's something they can do cheaply, secretly and with no planning permission.  Could quite easily theme it to sharks and add a couple of sideshows or something (which I personally think is most likely).

But yeah, could be anything at the moment, what a shocker!

Thorpe reach out to what the GP want every year; a new investment to the park year upon year and thorpe have fulfilled this request for a long time now. I said I would be particularly suprised if thorpe didn't advertise something new for 2015, as it is a fundamental factor in their business plan to expand the park and advertise new attractions every season.

I don't have the foggiest of what it is going to be yet, however I am already excited. Whatever it is, it's more than most people were expecting so I'm likely to be happy with it whatever scale it's on.

Roll on 2015.

The days when Thorpe Park added high quality additions on smaller/medium years is clearly over.

With 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 all being pretty low-quality investments, I don't really have much hope for anything worthwhile here.

I haven't posted on this forum for a while because, well, quite frankly, Thorpe park just seemed to have dried up of direction or ideas and only do anything worth discussing once every 4 years!