New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Anyone remember when it was Sleepy Joe's Rib Shack many years ago? With the hanging monkeys travelling around the restaurant above you? The restaurant looked great then, glad it's looking a little better now.

I only just remember that! (2003 being my first season) I reckon Pizza Pasta should feature the return of those monkeys. :P

So basically the email a lot of us received said the trialling was open 1-3... So we arrived about 1.20 to be told they're running out of food and we can't go in... Some other people were complaining so we stuck around and the patient worker outside tried to find a solution for the 15 of us stood around. In the end he said look he can't guarantee there is enough food left, but if we'd like to wait we can go in free of charge, the others walked off taking the blokes name really not impressed, we chose to wait as it was free, waited 5 mins for a table and off we went in and had no issue with lackof food aalthough could see it was coming to an end but sufficiently to finish everyone off in there. It's nice and large inside now, the themeing is decent although would have been nicer if they used actual fake plants/ivy rather than painting it on the beams, but the food was like any other pizza pasta buffet so decent enough, plus they had ketchup sachets you could ask for so I was happy as none of them have every had ketchup before; the only downside was tiny plates but as it's unlimited just go back up and get little bits at a time. And it was free so all good!!

Merlin are obsessed with making all the eateries look massively bland...

The wall murals are nice (or at least, the volcano one is), but it just reminds me of Lego's Pirate Burger Kitchen, a vast empty bland area...

Bill's mention of Sleepy Joe's shows how much difference a decade makes...

It's still an improvement none the less as surely going from no theming to a fair amount Of it is not a step backwards. We're not talking disney or Univerdal quality here, but in its current state it's definitely better.

Beats Pirate's Burger Kitchen Hands down IMO.

It's still an improvement none the less as surely going from no theming to a fair amount Of it is not a step backwards. We're not talking disney or Univerdal quality here, but in its current state it's definitely better.

I'll tell you what is Universal and Disney standard though, Thorpe's KFC. This wall with a volcano painted on it hardly compares.

Waiting for hate but I swear most of Universal is screens so I think Thorpe with themeing being up to scale may be on the same league as Universal by 2018