New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Bear in mind only really Swarm has been built since IMAScore has come into serious play (even then they were only starting out into the theme park side of things, Krake was their first ride soundtrack and probably were chosen mostly because they're a German company)...

Might be expensive, but they have created some of the best ride music in modern times... Indeed, things like Chiapas and Helix sound like they should be in a film rather than a theme park... Plus the range of genres they've created is pretty much astounding...

It should be EU law that all parks must have IMAScore do their ride music...

2015 I think the most possible thing we will see is a spruce up of Rumba Rapids and return of Themed areas.

I think themed areas are gone, I don't see them returning at all, instead we will get each ride themed on its own (Saw, Swarm etc) with some groups (Amity, Lost City). Especially as the rumours are that the ranger county area and arena are being used for the 2016 attraction I think we will see a highly themed immersive ride, that doesn't necessarily link into anything else.

Rumba Rapids and Colossus still need cleaning / refurbishment though!

With regards to the naming of Nemesis Inferno... 

http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/10112-ert-nemesis-inferno-10th-birthday-celebration/page-6#entry162079

Q: Because of the Nemesis name being implemented into Inferno's name, it means they are constantly compared. Would Nemesis Inferno ever be renamed to just Inferno?

A: Nemesis Inferno has become a brand in its own right and we don’t mind the comparison’s to Nemesis at Alton Towers. Both rides have their own strengths.

In other words, it won't change it's name any time soon.  Not really necessary or anything and Inferno has it's own separate identity to Nemesis these days.  

The cant change the Colossus music, its the best sound track merlin have. Also refurb top spin referring to the movement of ripsaw?

sadly not the refurb top spin is not in a park also they might be changing it due to the fact that vortex and Colossus share the same song and the park might wanna give Colossus a more distinctive image by making its own soundtrack!

Inferno is a decent sequel to the original. Whilst Nemy is (obviously) the better ride, both have their strong points, Nemesis uses strong forces flying through twists, helixes and inversions while gaining speed, whilst Inferno features an amazing tunnel (when the mist works), interlocking corkscrews on top of lots of little moments of force and bliss, plus an intense helix and shrubbery for the ride to interact with.

333.gif

333.gif

Nemesis >>> Nemesis Inferno

Q: Because of the Nemesis name being implemented into Inferno's name, it means they are constantly compared. Would Nemesis Inferno ever be renamed to just Inferno?

A: Nemesis Inferno has become a brand in its own right and we don’t mind the comparison’s to Nemesis at Alton Towers. Both rides have their own strengths.

I've always seen Nemesis as being superior to Nemesis Inferno and would prefer for Thorpe to drop the Nemesis from the title, and call it Inferno. Also, I don't think Nemesis Inferno has any strengths.

Edited by Will

I do like a lot of their work, but the problem with most of IMAscore's music, is that while it is great to listen to while sat at home, it is not great to listen to stood in a queue on repeat for 2 hours. The Smiler's score is far too over the top in my opinion, considering you have to listen to it on repeat over an over. I'd say Air is the prefect example of good queue line music. Its ambient, it fits the ride, you can talk over, and it fades into the background. As I said though, don't get me wrong, their compositions are amazing in their own right.

There are a lot of conclusive studies out there about how different tones, tempos and beats of music can affect your mood, to make you buy more things, feel like you've waited a shorter amount of time than you have, give you adrenaline etc.

It would be interesting to know whether Merlin, IMAscore and the Theme park industry as a whole actually put this into practice.

333.gif

Nemesis >>> Nemesis Inferno

I've always seen Nemesis as being superior to Nemesis Inferno and would prefer for Thorpe to drop the Nemesis from the title, and call it Inferno. Also, I don't think Nemesis Inferno has any strengths.

That's Infernos greatest strength. It doesn't try and be the greatest inverter ever built, it's just a solid little ride. Definitely my favourite coaster at Thorpe.

I do like a lot of their work, but the problem with most of IMAscore's music, is that while it is great to listen to while sat at home, it is not great to listen to stood in a queue on repeat for 2 hours. The Smiler's score is far too over the top in my opinion, considering you have to listen to it on repeat over an over. I'd say Air is the prefect example of good queue line music. Its ambient, it fits the ride, you can talk over, and it fades into the background. As I said though, don't get me wrong, their compositions are amazing in their own right.

There are a lot of conclusive studies out there about how different tones, tempos and beats of music can affect your mood, to make you buy more things, feel like you've waited a shorter amount of time than you have, give you adrenaline etc.

It would be interesting to know whether Merlin, IMAscore and the Theme park industry as a whole actually put this into practice.

Chiapas, Helix and Krake would all like to point you in the direction of their queue-lines...

• 3 weeks later...