New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Back on to 2015, wasn't there originally an application put in for the Shark hotel to receive an expansion year, if it was deemed necessary? Or am I getting this mixed up with the Phase 1 and 2 plan that went ahead this year?

Also, do you think we're gonna get a Pizza Pasta buffet in place of Pizza Hut or will it be a much needed Full service restaurants perhaps?

Also, do you think we're gonna get a Pizza Pasta buffet in place of Pizza Hut or will it be a much needed Full service restaurants perhaps?

I think if they do expand Pizza Hut it will be converted to Merlin Pizza Pasta. There already is a full service bar/restaurant, Bar 360. At Alton Towers they have Towers St. and Woodcutters both offering the similar bar/grill menu to Bar 360, Chessington has the Chicken Shack instead.

When stuck on Colossus on the last day of the season the parks rides and attractions director came over to help out on the evacuation of the ride. He talked about next year having a small ride as a filler but nothing major. The location of this new for 2015 ride is unknown however we suspect that it could go on the beach or on the plot of land previously occupied by miss hippos jungle safari.

Small ride confirmed for 2015? 

Source - http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/thorpe-park-2015-ride

TBH I don't really expect thorpe to receive any new physical ride or attraction next year with the major dark ride opening next year, however will have to see considering Angry Birds wasn't announced until the start of this year which if that's the case it will obviously be another 'mid season' opening. Something Merlin seem to be doing a bit too much of recently.

I would like to point out also any construction would of had to commence already in order for it to be ready in any shape or form this side of August 2015. 

Also, any new ride would need plenty of planning notice towards Runnymede Borough Council, and an application would of had to of been made by now in order for them to have enough notice for the grant. 

Following on from that, all I would expect to happen is improvements to existing attractions, OR, something to help boost the parks Resort status. 

I think if they do expand Pizza Hut it will be converted to Merlin Pizza Pasta. There already is a full service bar/restaurant, Bar 360. At Alton Towers they have Towers St. and Woodcutters both offering the similar bar/grill menu to Bar 360, Chessington has the Chicken Shack instead.

I'd dare to point out that I believe an application was submitted to Runnymeade BC to expand Pizza Hut's building yet again, although it throughout referred to it as Pizza Hut ;)

Don't Pizza Hut have the agreement / lease for 150 years? Which is why it's not been ditched as part of the Merlin Re-allocation?

I very much doubt it would be 150 years, it wouldn't be a wise business decision, not on Pizza-Hut's behalf but on Merlin's. To buy it out at that length would be extortionate (you have to factor in other things also, Thorpe may not even exist in 150 years which would bring a huge loss to Pizza Hut and vice-versa), it would most likely be 10-15 years which would either get renewed, terminated prematurely or the contract would expire and not renewed.

I believe KFC is a 10 year contract, which was renewed 3-4 years ago.