Angry Birds 4D Experience

Marc

Yeah its one movie - although its very well and professionally done - it looks good and people seemed to love it!

Just wanted to say the effects and how they are used in here are very well done - especially the movement of the seats tilting back and then jolting forwards in time with the birds being catapulted - didn't expect that but it was really effective!

The effects used are...

Smoke / strobes when the bomb bird explodes, the seats also jolt too

The seats tilt back in time with the catapults being pulled back then fling you forwards as the bird flings off

Water effects as they were

Lighting effects are used throughout to light up the building different colors

Thats all I can remember for now.

As I am unlikely to ride it in the near future could you put in a spoiler box for me what makes it so amazing. Much obliged.

The effects used are...

Smoke / strobes when the bomb bird explodes, the seats also jolt too

The seats tilt back in time with the catapults being pulled back then fling you forwards as the bird flings off

Water effects as they were

Lighting effects are used throughout to light up the building different colors

Thats all I can remember for now.

Just some more effects...

There is also air blowing in your face, just as the bird has been catapulted and you are flying in the air, and of course, it wouldn't be a 4D cinema without leg ticklers would it ;)

The que time board stated 'Show time in 5 minutes' all day on Sunday. Seeing as there is a show every 20 minutes it would be great to see it count down every 5 minutes of how long until the next show begins.

Has it stated anything other than 5 minutes on other days?

The que time board stated 'Show time in 5 minutes' all day on Sunday. Seeing as there is a show every 20 minutes it would be great to see it count down every 5 minutes of how long until the next show begins.

Has it stated anything other than 5 minutes on other days?

Yes it has. Yesterday it was counting down in 5 minute intervals.

Have they replaced all the seating and systems then? Sure they never tilted before. I'd assumed they'd just reprogrammed the original ride system with a new film!

All the seats were indeed brand new, unsure about the effects as I never went in the previous cinema.

Have they replaced all the seating and systems then? Sure they never tilted before. I'd assumed they'd just reprogrammed the original ride system with a new film!

Yep everything in there has been replaced!

All the affects are new in the building too, before they only had water from the ceiling the rest was in the seats, now theres a bunch of other effects around the building too

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this much more than I thought I was going to.

The new theatre looks like a quality investment, and Simworx have done a particularly great job on the plush seating - a world away from Towers' Ice Age 4D wooden boxes. The film itself is also a lot of fun, and I love that the range of Angry Birds games (Space, Bad Piggies, Go!, etc.) were weaved into the story. With no dialogue, too, it looks to be a very easy "port" to any other international Park.

Theming is on the sparse side, and there are definitely one or two overused effects (many people came out looking a little soggy). Overall though this is a solid attraction, and was certainly well received by audiences when I visited.

Full review and photos over at Total Thorpe Park!

birds4d8.jpg

It is the best one I've experienced in the UK... A few little things that bothered me was there was opportunity for fire like in Lego land cinema which would have been good instead of smoke, the sound was a little too quiet in my opinion, and when the seats jolt back it actually hurt my stomach for some reason which the jolt then happened a bit too much!

It is the best one I've experienced in the UK... A few little things that bothered me was there was opportunity for fire like in Lego land cinema which would have been good instead of smoke, the sound was a little too quiet in my opinion, and when the seats jolt back it actually hurt my stomach for some reason which the jolt then happened a bit too much!

They do over use the same feature a bit too much I also believe but overall I agree... really good experience... going uuniversal in a few month so I can compare

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I was really looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint.

I really enjoy all the effects used; worked really well with the film and certainly felt like a complete experience. It was quite immersive at times at well; I bet younger children will really think they're apart of the film, which is really good too.

Quick spoiler with my only complaint:

The tilting of the seats is good and I like it. But it feels too juddery having it every time when a bird collides with something. It'd be great if the chairs rumbled as opposed to rocked, as it would give the desired effect without making the experience uncomfortable or repetitive.

But yeah, all in all, very good; certainly my favourite 4D cinema!