King Pigs Wild Hog Dodgems

Marc

I was pretty pleased with the dodgems after going on them today... they were relativey fast although not fast enough to cause any proper bumping (unlike the ones at drayton manor which are the best ones I've ever been on, so good they say you can't touch another car with the very front of yours), and there weren't too many cars crammed in, although enough to keep the queue moving quick enough - the ride op was really good saying which team won etc. and heard him mention about the ride being 2 minutes, although surely felt like longer when I was on there! what I did find interesting though was the strong smell of rubber and what seemed like bits of rubber on the track, as well as the wheels sparking, as I've never seen that with other rides?

• 2 weeks later...

Fun dodgems. Decent speed, decent ride length, easy to control. Not much more you can ask for.

Fortunately Fastrack (regardless of how pointless and stupid the idea is) wasn't affecting the queue length that much; it wasn't really noticeable. The batching area is a great idea and makes things so much easier.

Would of course liked to have seen a bit more theming around it (or a bit more exciting theming at the very least), but we've got we've got I guess. Would love it if the music was louder, as it seemed a bit on the quiet side in my opinion.

But yeah, overall, alright dodgems. Nothing that sets the world alight, but a fun addition to the park's line up.

Would love it if the music was louder, as it seemed a bit on the quiet side in my opinion.

The music was really quiet when I was there as well. A shame as it's great, it really fits in. It would be nice to have the music played in the queue as well, as far as I'm aware there are no queue line speakers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I do like these Dodgems, you get a long ride time and they are great fun.

One thing I noticed today was that the throughput must be absolutely dreadful. We must have waited at least 30 for what was an advertised 10minute queue. Didn't help that the operators were having a chat so the man wouldn't batch it until everyone had left the ride, meaning the throughput was decreased dramatically.

Does anyone know the throughput of these Dodgems?

Was taking at least 5minutes per cycle including loading/unloading today. Was awfully slow and I believe the members working on it were new as they had such slow operations.

Today I can't imagine it making more than about 250people per hour. It was so slow and bear in mind 5 cars were closed off and they were not even all being filled, at points they were sending 5 or 6 empty for some reason(just bad batching I suppose). Normally with 24 the throughput would be just about bearable but today it was just dreadful.