News Desk

Cringle

Actually, a merlin staff member are not allowed to advertise the park, talk to the media (which would include these lovely forums, thats why the majority of staff who work at TP on SP suddenly shut up!), hold anything which belongs to the park, and basically anything. Almost the same with any company really.. I'm sure tesco does the same if they ever bother giving me a contract ;).

• 1 month later...

Well, after my much needed break, and many visits to rehab, I'm once again back. I'll be returning to my same old position of ruler of the world, whilst working on my other projects, such as Rocket. So it'll be nice bossing you all around again (Admins included). I'm joking of-course <_<. So as my first act as admin, I'd like to announce the audio section shall be returning, along with a new a version of trip planner. They're just a few things for now, but as always, we hope to have a lot of other updates to. So stay chooned.Nice being back.

• 1 month later...
A note about forum downtime - July 6thHey Guys, as some of you may of been aware, the forum was unavailable last night, due to a malicious attack from a bunch of idiots. Once in they deleted the members table, and removed the forum categories. Whilst it probably appeared to them that they had deleted everything (heck, they even bragged about it in there msn pm), they in-fact hadn't (gutttted). Best way of thinking about it is, that they removed the door from the house, so you can't get in, but everything is still inside. Nice analogy there Phill. Anyhoo, the whole team came together and we managed to sort it all out. Wicked s**t. (and we even managed to upgrade and fix a few things, so thanks!) But if you do notice any bugs, please let us know, especially if you signed up in the last couple of days, and you're experiencing problems.

We would just like to apologize for all that stuff that has been removed, such as the 2009 coaster topic, and the Rush topic. We are working to try and recover these topics, feel free to continue in the new topics, but we should have the old ones back soon, so sit tight!If you notice a topic missing, please report is ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note that we have completely new posting guidelines. We've cut them down to be as small and informative as possible, so there is no excuse not to read them, really, it'll take a couple of seconds. We've done this because post quality as of late has been pretty dire, don't get us wrong, we love you, but even we have our limits. We will be enforcing these, and we'll be deleting posts that we don't feel are quite up to par. We want this to be a fun place, but sifting through crap posts is no fun. So, before posting, take all the guidelines into mind, and you'll do just fine.

Just a quick note that we have completely new posting guidelines. We've cut them down to be as small and informative as possible, so there is no excuse not to read them, really, it'll take a couple of seconds. We've done this because post quality as of late has been pretty dire, don't get us wrong, we love you, but even we have our limits. We will be enforcing these, and we'll be deleting posts that we don't feel are quite up to par. We want this to be a fun place, but sifting through crap posts is no fun. So, before posting, take all the guidelines into mind, and you'll do just fine.

Just to add to what Phill's already said - TPM is a good based forum but the post quality has gone down recently; people asking questions that could be found by looking at www.thorpepark.com or using simple logic! And the repeated questions asking why a rides down - if it hasn't been posted already, it won't be, and neither will anyone want to respond if you repeatedly ask.Just my two cents, and yes for all of those observant people there, I am back ;)Becuase I was obviously missed.

• 1 month later...

Thorpe Park Mania is happy to announce that we are now the 'Official THORPE PARK Fansite'. This is an excellent opportunity for the Park to reach out to its fans of which they have a shown a strong interest in doing so as of late, with events such as 'Behind the Loops' for its most dedicated fans.Partnering with THORPE PARK means we're able to bring you great new content, such as on-site Project Dylan construction updates, as well as the Park's views on the latest news and issues.Peter Ronchetti, THORPE PARK Divisional Director, comments:

"We are delighted to confirm that we have given Thorpe Park Mania the title of 'Official THORPE PARK Fansite'. The team have created a fresh and exciting website that fits well with our brand. The dedication and creativity they have shown in creating the site caught our attention and we just couldn't ignore it! We hope this will provide a fruitful relationship and the information sharing channels can help us communicate easily to our most enthusiastic fans."

As well as all this, we're pleased to present our new Project Dylan construction site, with improved organisation of updates, and an improved RSS feed...so you'll never miss an update.We hope you continue to enjoy and visit the No.1, and now 'Official THORPE PARK Fansite': Thorpe Park Mania.

Yes, it's great. On a Google search for "Thorpe Park", TPM is 7th in the list. So I bet a lot of people choose it over TPG.

I think TPM is the better of the 2 websites. Not only is it a better layout, but I think the members here are more friendly, and the general atmosphere feels more welcoming. :P

Thorpe Park Total comes first for me...Anyway, I think TPM and TPG are just as good as each other. Yes, TPM does have the better layout, but TPG is a bit more consise. However, their forums do differ a lot, but I'm more on Southparks, rather than here. (Also, TPM is blocked at my school for some reason, as well as anything to do with Rush :) )

• 2 weeks later...