News Desk

Cringle

People, cut the Admins some slack! they went through all this trouble to do this to make the forums a nicer and better themed place, yes it will take some getting used to and it is a little slow but otherwise the admins have done an awesome job!:)

Exactly!Every single time a new skin is introduced everyone behaves in the exact same way, without actually giving it a chance. If everyone waited a week or two and got used to it, then they can decide whether they like it or not, and usually after a few weeks of settling in they do. I can back that up, as the old skin was apparently 'not as good as the previous one', but now that's gone everyone wants that back. It's all only because no one is completely familiar with it, I guarantee a lot of you will have a change of heart once you've all settled in. :D

If you could say specifically what you liked about the old one we'll try work it in!

Stupid One - I hate the Purple! :)It is just mainly alot harder to navigate than the previous one.Plus, the older one looked a hell of a lot more attractive and 'easy on the eye' than this one.Question: On the older one, you had your PM's come up on the top right. Where are they now? (It is probably there somewhere, But I can't find it! :))

Can I ask what your confused about? It all works the same as before but slightly different style . Be more constructive please!

Certainly. I can't find my way around easily, when I wanna lok at the last post of a topic and click the link, it goes to the first page.I know the admin team are doing a fantastic job at upgrading the forum, and change is good, but too much change isn't. I'm sorry but this whole new scheme is so totally "in your face", I feel as if every text size (that is now bigger than before) is shouting at me.It's another Invisionboard design - it looks like it's not even one by Invisionboard. The old one was modern, clear, easy to read, and maybe needed a tidy up here and there. And if anything, it stood out from other forums, you look at scheme/skins of forums generally on the net, some are so old and outdated it made TPM's previous skin look one of the most modern around.

That does work now yes. Is that what you meant Theme Park Bloke?

Yes, I have got the hang of that now. Slowly but surely, I am getting used to it. I can deal with change (whatever it may be in life), but this change is taking longer for me.I have been using a computer in a library this week, as I sometimes do. The "block filter" would kick in at the most inconvenient times. For example, I could log in OK and then view a topic, but if I was to flick forward or back a page by selecting the page number at the bottom, it would block me. Weird. :blink: I may use that library again, and have to speak to them about getting their IT department to sort the problem. Surely block filters work on a whole site, not just a part of it?Another reason I prefer the old skin was because Thorpe Park Mania's homepage and the forum homepage do look different, the TPM homepage looks more like and reminds me of the old skin. Also, I can't see Fast Reply anymore...?Perhaps I've been a miserable sod regarding this change this week, and for that I apologise. But I really am trying to get used to this, as much as I prefer the old one.Are members now allowed to make signatures the text, size and colour we want? Or is it still the small text we can't change?

Hey guys,Just to let you know Chris has recently joined our moderating team to help us out =]Sadly, due to other commitments out side of TPM Craig and Jack have recently left the team and we wish them all the best luck =pCheersMarc

Took your time, a year late!Seriously though, well done Chris :blink: