Luna Park (Sunny Beach, Bulgaria)

Bit of a long shot... but off to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria in less than 3 weeks now (excited is an understatement), and was pleasantly surprised to find out that there is a fun park there called Luna Park with a rollercoaster and some other rides.

Just wondering if anyone has ever been before and know what it's like, as well as price wise etc. as I've heard from reviews it's pretty dear, but they haven't said prices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well for anyone who wants to know, the Luna Park has a small(ish) looping coaster, a haunted house, star flyer, fabbri booster and a break dance..

I didn't go on any as it was an absolute rip off - 10lev each for the coaster which is about a fiver each, same goes for the booster... And still 7lev just for a walkthrough haunted house!

There was another fairground elsewhere which had a few small rides, and some sort of KMG afterburner copy ride, although didn't look to inviting and had 3 seats per row.

I think I'll give that a miss and go to brean leisure park this summer considering it has similar and more rides, and managed to get 10pound vouchers for each 2 pound of club card points... Bargain!

There are 2 giant capsule catapult rides on the seafront which look awesome and haven't been on one since 2005 in America... So even for 20quid each will definitely give it a go!

• 2 weeks later...

I seen someone up on the ladder working on the top of the ride... Just doesn't look safe to me, especially when it makes a massive bang/clunking noise every time it swings (and struggles to get to 90degrees)... The noise reduced after they'd fixed whatever the problem was, but it was still there. Also the floor doesn't come up so they use a ladder to get people on the seats, plus the seats that are not in use they just leave open while the rides going. Wish I had taken a picture or video...

Its a good job you didnt go on the kmg afterburner copy which was probably a funlight ripoff which are terrible quality! I guess the theme park is so expensive is because during the summer people will flock to bulgaria and then they will pay the prices for a bit of fun but not during non peak times!