All the random fanpages using these allegations to plug their brand with empty "In light of recent events we would like to say..." posts is pretty sad. If people want to support others, use your platforms to retweet or share the stories themselves, comment support on the stories. Or post if you actually have something genuine to add, like some perspective, experience or if you were involved with the people the allegations are about.

I've seen more fanpages doing these empty gestures on Twitter than the actual allegations. "We at Theme Park World Attraction Guide Podcast are shocked by the allegations" well thank goodness for that, problem solved then.

On the whole, there has been a lot of real support from theme park  fans which is great to see.

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

All the random fanpages using these allegations to plug their brand with empty "In light of recent events we would like to say..." posts is pretty sad. If people want to support others, use your platforms to retweet or share the stories themselves, comment support on the stories. Or post if you actually have something genuine to add, like some perspective, experience or if you were involved with the people the allegations are about.

I've seen more fanpages doing these empty gestures on Twitter than the actual allegations. "We at Theme Park World Attraction Guide Podcast are shocked by the allegations" well thank goodness for that, problem solved then.

On the whole, there has been a lot of real support from theme park  fans which is great to see.

With the nature of the allegations, retweeting and sharing the allegations can cause distress to others who have previously experienced sexual abuse. 

On your point of ‘empty gestures’, I have personally spoken and offered my support to survivors. 

With allegations coming out like we are witnessing, it’s important that we all work together to raise awareness and give our support to those who have been effected. As well as this it also should be remembered that those who have had allegations made against them as this can have a serious impact on their mental health despite the fact that they have hurt others.