Drayton Manor

rollerross11

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the first time I went to DM and we were queuing for the haunting, we were waiting for well over 45 minutes and got fed up and left the queue not even close to the entrance seeing as all the other major rides has queuing times of about 10-25 minutes with G-Force with about an hour. Posted Image

Went today :PIt was a fun day, ridiculous how rides only opened from 10:30 - 5pm.. I mean it's summer and it's Saturday.What I found is the roller coasters lack force, didn't feel a thing, great rides though! especially shockwave.The haunting was my most anticipated, not gonna lie, I was cra**** myself hahaJust because I didn't know what was happening, it's more jumpy than hex.What was really disappointing is that all the music and bass builds up, the coffin creepily slides open and then..Boo, some little bats peer out? what the hell was that haha

• 10 months later...

*blows dust of this topic*

I'll just repost what was on TowersTimesForum by the member Don't_Look_Down

First of all, the coaster that was planned for 2013 has been postponed until 2014 now. It has been confirmed as a thrill coaster and will be the first of its kind in the UK. The ride will sit next to the Buffalo and interact with the lake

Pirate Adventure will be removed to make way for two new Thomas Land rides (bad move IMO).

And finally, a new thrill ride will be installed on the site of the Black Revolver next year.

Really excited to see who the manufacturer of the 2014 Rollercoaster will be (Prays not for vekoma) Not sure what we might see but another major coaster is always welcomed!

Excited for my trip in July now, though rather worried about Shockwave, not looking forward to riding that!

Another dark ride being removed :(

Another thrill coaster :D

Another thrill ride :D

More Thomas land rides :mellow:

Good call moving the thrill coaster back a year so it won't have any competition from Alton Towers. Let the speculation of what type of coaster it will be to make it a UK first begin.

*prays for hyper*

Good news that Drayton are getting a new coaster I suppose. They've always had a pretty good relationship with Intamin (Shockwave, Splash Canyon, Maelstrom, Apocalypse; and then again when it got the modified floorless seats.) So ima throw a wild guess and hope that they get something like a Mega-Lite, would certainly put the park on the map more from not just an Enthusiasts point of view, but hopefully also the public as it's not often Drayton get something on the scale of a large coaster... If they didn't get something like that then one of the newer style Mack Mega-Lite coasters would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Astro-Dan your prayers may of been answered! ;)

A nice behind the scenes of the park's rollercoasters & 2014 coaster information at the end!

I'm very happy with what is happening. I was worried with Drayton for a moment. It's sad to see they're getting rid of the Pirate Adventure ride, a lot of people have said wonderful things about it.

On TTF, someone mentioned there are still plans for a thrill ride in the place of the Black Revolver.

Exciting times for theme parks except Chessington....*cries*

• 2 weeks later...

Off here tomorrow, Haven't been since G Force opened so hopefully it will be nice to go back again! Most looking forward to Apocolypse as first time I went I only did seating, so hopefully this time I can get round and do all of the standing sides!

I'm hoping to get a fair amount of pictures aswell so I'll upload anything to my Flickr and then post a slideshow on here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's quite a bit happening around the park at the moment.

Firstly, the Apocalypse queueline is finally going to see a new system, where riders can wait separately for the stand up floorless element

Posted Image

It looks like there will be a new 4D show for Christmas

Posted Image

There's a completely new line of merchandise in the park now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Preparations for the fireworks finale are already underway

Posted Image

That's it for now :)