Drayton Manor

rollerross11

yeah I don't mind either... but would be nice to see something for thrill seekers - but we know any new investments are going to have to have say a 1.2m height restriction or less and appeal not just to thrill seekers - although I seem to find these sort of rides a lot more enjoyable - we'll have to wait and see what the future brings :)

yeah I don't mind either... but would be nice to see something for thrill seekers - but we know any new investments are going to have to have say a 1.2m height restriction or less and appeal not just to thrill seekers - although I seem to find these sort of rides a lot more enjoyable - we'll have to wait and see what the future brings :)

Well I know I mention it a lot but Wodan is a 1.2m height restriction ;)

God what is peoples problems I expressed an opinion on a forum, SHOCK HORROR, no need for the bitchiness attack!

Besides the point the photograph seemed rather genuine to me reading the print and info and has been passed around several websites and there was a video somewhere of a backstage tour were a staff member initially revealed the hot wheels coaster concept, so it's not to far of a stretch

You said that you thought it was real, even though in the face of the video you posted it said the word 'UNOFFICIAL' in big letters at the very beginning of it...

I felt it prudent to point out your mistake and not get your hopes up as there has been no official confirmation from the park in regards to getting a new coaster in the near future beyond the odd "We hope to do so"...

If it's rude to point out quite simply that you were incorrect to assume the plans made it look certain Drayton were getting a Hot Wheels Mack Launched coaster, then I'm rude...

Finally, it's "people expect when THEY'RE rude", just for pedantry...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really enjoyed the day I spent here on Saturday 2nd November.

The park was open until 9pm as it was their fireworks event, and we got plenty of rides on everything!

- G-Force was much enjoyed by us. Despite all the negative reviews we really enjoyed it, especially the hangtime on the first lift-hill (provided that you don't crush yourself with the restraint). The restraints did tighten throughout the ride, but that was our only niggle. It was nice to have inversions without OTSR's!

- We also enjoyed Shockwave, as it was quite forceful in places and didn't have a very big queue.

- Apocalypse was also very good - my favourite drop tower.

RIDECOUNT:

Shockwave x8

G-Force x7

Apocalypse x5 (Was planning to hammer this in the last hour but it closed due to wind :( )

Pirate Adventure x2

Stormforce 10 x1

Splash Canyon Rapids x1

Maelstrom x1

Pandemonium x1

Ben 10 x1

Golden Nugget Shoot Out x1

The Haunting x1

The park was coping well with crowds and queue times were not bad at all. Operations at the park were much better than those experienced at Towers!

The fireworks were also very nice.

I highly doubt it was every planned considering it looks like it takes 2 people.... but is completely different to pandemonium though.

I doubt we'll see anything new for next year... although a new flat ride is needed, preferably high in thrills, but with drayton manor will end up being less than a 1.4m height and appeals to families - so think that's the end of major thrills at drayton manor,